The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

32 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Also, Chip Kelly is saying that he was never actually offered the UF job - take it for what you will. 

I take it as a guy shifting the blame for jerking us around. Fuchs and Stricklin didnt go up there for a tea party.

Mullen has decided not to retain interim coach Randy Shannon, offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier and assistant coaches Robb Akey, Corey Bell, Kerry Dixon II and Greg Nord, sources close to the situation told SEC Country.

Brad Davis, Chris Rumph, Ja’Juan Seider and Tim Skipper are still on staff and will be on the road recruiting this week. Their future roles are still to be determined and there’s no timetable for any official announcements.

DREAMS DO COME TRUE BOYS

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Taggart and co. Will move on shortly, lol.

Oh my bad, I misunderstood what you mean. I thought you were talking about the staff Mullen brought in, my bad. 

and to be fair, Taggart was my #1 option as well. I'm on board with Mullen as of now though, he's saying and doing the right things, albeit in a short tenure. 

Edited by Remixxxxxxx
  • Like 1

Fields committed to Georgia last month, but told 247Sports’ Kipp Adams on Monday that he’ll consider taking an official visit to Florida. He also spoke highly of Mullen and his success with quarterbacks.

“I don’t really have a great relationship with Coach Mullen, but just seeing his past quarterback experience and the troubles Florida have had at the position, he should be able to help them get back to where they were with Tim Tebow,” Fields told 247Sports. “I know he’s coached Dak Prescot and Alex Smith and I hear he is a pretty good quarterback coach. I think he will turn Florida around and make them a successful program.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/dan-mullen-justin-fields-florida

16 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

I'll be honest, I'm shocked Shannon is out. I really thought the UAA would fight tooth and nail to keep him around. 

It's the right decision though, I'm meh on Grantham, but thank god we're not going to have another year of Shannon at DC. 

Grantham is a good DC.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida has announced it will pay former football coach Jim McElwain a $7.5 million buyout after dismissing him on Oct. 29, midway through his third season at the school.

The announcement comes a day after the Gators formally introduced new head coach Dan Mullen.

If fired without cause, McElwain was due a buyout of more than $12.5 million per the terms of his contract, which stipulated he was owed $2.5 million per each remaining season of a deal that went through January of 2023.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/former-florida-coach-jim-mcelwain-gets-7-5-million-buyout-gators

Edited by Remixxxxxxx