The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

3 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Fans are pissed, players are pissed, recruits are pissed... but hey, at least Stricklin gets to hang out with his buddy again. 

Also a couple rumors out there that we're going to be paying this clown $7 million a season. 

5 yr 35M I'm assuming?

i dont know how to feel, i think he will get us 7-8 wins for a couple years and then we will be right back where we started. He will help out the offense a ton but i feel like shannon will be kept as DC and our defense will struggle quite a bit in big games. I also don't know who will be our QB next year, it should not be franks, Corral is probably decommiting but i would not be surpised if Fitzgerald followed mullen and transfered over. 

EDIT: It looks like Corral is not decommiting, maybe he could be a good fit in Mullens offense. 

Edited by djw4bucs

Not a bad hire really. He may not have been the "name" pick and is certainly not a sexy hire, but given what he was able to do with Mississippi State, I can't find a fault. Dude got a crap program in a crap town in a crap state (and arguably one of the ugliest college cow fields in the nation) to turn into a fairly steady member of the back end of the top 25. With a better EVERYTHING at his disposal at Florida, I see no reason why he can't wind up being the best of the 2018 hires. 

I'm sure Chip would have been the exciting hire, but even as a huge Ducks fan, I'd say Mullen is a safer and surer bet than Chip to have success. 

3 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Only positive I can muster thus far is that it looks like Corral is on board. 

Biggest surprise to come out of all this IMO. I still don't think he's a fit but we shall see. 

I'm also assuming we're going to looking into JUCO and transfer QBs, anyone to keep an eye on?