The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

On 12/10/2018 at 6:18 PM, jrry32 said:

Unfortunately, I don't have much good news to report right now. Thibodeaux seems to be Oregon bound. We made up ground on Stevenson and Lucas, but nobody can say we're leading on either. We supposedly locked down Tyron Hopper, but we'll see. An interesting rumor going around is that Bama might now be third with Trey Sanders with UGA and UF vying for his commitment. Trey visits this coming weekend. That could be big for us.

Yep, more smoke that Hopper could flip to SC. This is one that we just won't know until he signs. We're in play for Lucas. He's still more likely to stick with FSU, but he was reportedly unhappy with the gaffe FSU made this weekend (listing him as a DL).

The Sanders visit went extremely well (everybody in the family, including his dad, had a great time). The family is being tight-lipped as of now, so I don't know where we stand. I'll let you know if what I hear (our insiders think it's a UF/Alabama battle). We look strong with Deyavie Hammond. Cordale Flott is most likely going to stick with LSU. And Siaki Ika was always a long shot, but we made a very positive impression. He'll likely end up at LSU, but we're in the race at least.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

Don't shoot the messenger here, but an insider who has been right about a lot of things has us landing Steele, Elam, Sanders, Summerall, and Hammond. I'm seeing a lot of mixed reports on Sanders, so I hope he's right. I'm still waiting on the top insider's take on Sanders.

8 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

In terms of top targets, I'm guessing we get Summerall, Hammond and Steele this go round and Elam in February. 

Zip I think is going to UM and Sanders to UGA. 

The only people who believe Sanders to UGA are folks connected to UGA. That doesn't mean they're wrong, but I am still having a hard time seeing it. I think Alabama is the leader, but we're very much in the fight. Zipperer seems destined for Miami. Dorlus seems to be leaning Oregon now. And Derick Hunter is trending towards TAMU. Not great news.