The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Arjei Henderson committed to us at the UA game. It was unexpected. There are still concerns about him qualifying though, and I'm reading that he'll still take his visits, so it's far from final.

Picked up some steam the last few hours and I believe Mullen personally made it a point to land him. However, I'm fairly confident this doesn't stick but I really hope I'm wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Picked up some steam the last few hours and I believe Mullen personally made it a point to land him. However, I'm fairly confident this doesn't stick but I really hope I'm wrong. 

If it doesn't stick, I'm thinking it's due to grades. There had been optimism that we could land Arjei if we pushed hard for him, but the reporting I saw questioned whether we were willing to make a commitable offer at this juncture due to his grades. Obviously, Mullen did. 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If it doesn't stick, I'm thinking it's due to grades. There had been optimism that we could land Arjei if we pushed hard for him, but the reporting I saw questioned whether we were willing to make a commitable offer at this juncture due to his grades. Obviously, Mullen did. 

I heard he should be fine grade wise

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

If that's the case he'll stick - that's really the only concern right now. 

Eh, he's likely going to look around. I wouldn't feel confident just yet. If he only visits UF like he says, then we can obviously be confident.

EDIT: The true test here is if he'll visit FSU. If he does, I'd be a little concerned.

Edited by jrry32

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Eh, he's likely going to look around. I wouldn't feel confident just yet. If he only visits UF like he says, then we can obviously be confident.

EDIT: The true test here is if he'll visit FSU. If he does, I'd be a little concerned.

Seems like there's still some skepticism that he'll qualify - it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.