The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

I think he recognizes that the staff prioritized Beck over him, he'll get a * bump and he'll end up somewhere else out of spite. 

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I want that kid. He reportedly has some issues to work on as a passer, but he's 6'4" 220+ with 4.5 speed as a junior.

Would love to have him - kids an absolute freak. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I think he recognizes that the staff prioritized Beck over him, he'll get a * bump and he'll end up somewhere else out of spite. 

Would love to have him - kids an absolute freak. 

Mullen shot straight with the kid the entire time. He stayed in touch with him and told him he was going to try and sign two QBs.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Mullen shot straight with the kid the entire time. He stayed in touch with him and told him he was going to try and sign two QBs.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think they prioritized Beck (who is a dream fit for this system).

At the end of the day I could be wrong and I hope I am but I just can't picture it rn.

12 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You're kidding yourself if you don't think they prioritized Beck (who is a dream fit for this system).

At the end of the day I could be wrong and I hope I am but I just can't picture it rn.

I didn't say anything about priorities. I said that he was straight with Anthony the entire time. I don't think there's the bad blood you do. With Beck potentially in the fold, Anthony opened things up to consider his options. With Beck now out, I expect him to land with us. Mullen never misled the kid. He stayed in touch the entire time and made it clear that he was looking to take two QBs. I'm actually more excited about Richardson's potential in the system than I was about Beck's.

30 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I didn't say anything about priorities. I said that he was straight with Anthony the entire time. I don't think there's the bad blood you do. With Beck potentially in the fold, Anthony opened things up to consider his options. With Beck now out, I expect him to land with us. Mullen never misled the kid. He stayed in touch the entire time and made it clear that he was looking to take two QBs. I'm actually more excited about Richardson's potential in the system than I was about Beck's.

We'll see what happens - regardless, I would love to have the kid land here. Would setup our QB room nicely for the next few years. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-sp-gators-football-news-20190424-story.html

Yelverton has been placed on leave following the third-degree felony charge of aggravated stalking. The 51-year-old currently was in Alachua County Jail with no bond set.

Yelverton allegedly harassed his former girlfriend after she ended their year-long relationship on April 14. According to court records, Yelverton called, text-messaged and Facebook-messaged the woman 40 times.

On April 21, Yelverton left a threatening voicemail stating he would “blow up” her vehicle, records state.

In addition, text messages used “multiple vulgarities and demeaning language,” which placed the woman in a state of fear. She told police she asked Yelverton to cease contact, believing Yelverton could physically attack her.

Just one year I would like an off-season where something insane doesn't happen

Florida quarterback Jalon Jones signed with Florida and enrolled in January 2019 in the hopes of competing for the starting job after Feleipe Franks moves on. It turns out that his stay in Gainesville lasted all of 15 practices, as Matt Zenitz of AL.com reported Tuesday that Jones has entered the NCAA transfer portal following the conclusion of spring practice.

A four-star prospect out of Richmond, Virginia, Jones was the 10th-ranked dual-threat quarterback in the class of 2019 and one of six four-star recruits signed by coach Dan Mullen during the 2019 recruiting cycle.

Jones played sparingly in the Florida spring game earlier this month, racking up 63 rushing yards and one touchdown. Included in that were runs of 34 and 25 yards before he capped a drive off with a four-yard touchdown run. Following the early national signing day last December, Jones detailed what Florida meant to him.

Short lived - he's either in some sort of trouble or realized he wasn't going to beat out Emory anytime soon.