The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

On 8/12/2019 at 3:26 PM, Scalamania said:

Seems that way - feel like I've been hearing this for weeks but nothing yet. 

Apparently an admissions issue. He needs to take a class to qualify and the class won't take place until a bit later in the fall. He'll be a RS anyways, so if he comes, when exactly he arrives wouldn't be a big deal. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 1:10 AM, eggybucsfan31 said:

Well, our defensive line is really good. That's all I really got about that, the less I say about Franks the better. 

Greenard and Zuniga are studs. OL held up much better than expected against a tough Miami front seven. Toney is still a monster. Marco looked rusty, but I have no doubt our CBs can play against the pass (not so much against the run). Ventrell Miller was a very pleasant surprise next to Reese. We should be good at HB. I was disappointed that Pierce and Toney didn't get more run. The WRs look good. Feleipe still doesn't have the ability mentally. And the safeties suck (especially Jeawon Taylor). I hope Brad Stewart can put Taylor on the bench.

Edited by jrry32

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Ventrell Miller was a very pleasant surprise next to Reese.

Agreed - he needs to be on the field all the time. Wouldn't mind seeing them start him next to Reese, slide Burney into the STAR spot and move Dean to safety. Like you said, Jaewon Taylor sucks and although Stewart is a good player he can not be depended on. Luckily we have a few weeks to figure this out before Kentucky and I have no doubt that they will. 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:13 PM, eggybucsfan31 said:

Apparently an admissions issue. He needs to take a class to qualify and the class won't take place until a bit later in the fall. He'll be a RS anyways, so if he comes, when exactly he arrives wouldn't be a big deal. 

UF admissions rejected him. He's going elsewhere, UK I think.

Toney reportedly out 6-8 weeks with a shoulder injury. Henderson is said to have an ankle sprain, but the timetable (or actual injury) is unknown. 

I really liked what I saw out of Copeland last night, so he's an option to fill the Toney role. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31

38 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Toney reportedly out 6-8 weeks with a shoulder injury. Henderson is said to have an ankle sprain, but the timetable (or actual injury) is unknown. 

I really liked what I saw out of Copeland last night, so he's an option to fill the Toney role. 

Copeland is gonna be a beast!!!!

On 9/8/2019 at 4:41 PM, eggybucsfan31 said:

Cope is gonna be money in that spot - really excited to see what he does there (assuming he gets that spot). 

I said to a friend when Feleipe got hurt, "I feel terrible for the kid, and I am not celebrating his injury. However, this might prove to be a blessing in disguise." We'll see how Kyle plays against defense who have gameplanned for him, but the offense ran a lot more smoothly under him. He's more decisive than Franks and gets the ball out a lot quicker.