The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

On 1/26/2020 at 2:29 PM, eggybucsfan31 said:

With Henderson and Shorter in the fold, Gonzales has at least shown signs of life here post-ESD. 

Knox needs to land either Gibbs or Clayton. 

We offered Clayton this weekend. I was told before the weekend that if we offered, he'd come.

EDIT: Tae Williams also cancelled his UGA visit, so this class should end with a bang. As things look now, we should end with a fairly strong class.

Second EDIT: Clayton may still not have a commitable offer. It's not clear.

Edited by jrry32

We got out-recruited by Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Colorado and Miami today. 

Fire Greg Knox and Ron English into the ******* sun. Never want to hear Mullen preach the "Gator Standard" to players and fans while he's got two coaches doing literally nothing but stealing money on his staff. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31

36 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Fire Greg Knox and Ron English into the ******* sun. Never want to hear Mullen preach the "Gator Standard" to players and fans while he's got two coaches doing literally nothing but stealing money on his staff. 

Definitely was a bad close to recruiting, but good overall

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Tim Brewster reportedly joining the staff. Home run hire for Mullen. 

That's a massive hire. We needed a closer on the offensive staff. We got one.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:39 PM, eggybucsfan31 said:

Complain about Knox's recruiting all you want, but he's a really good teacher and a quality special teams coach. The idea that he's doing nothing is just wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys. Not sure if any of y'all remember me from like -- gosh -- literally 10 years ago, but hi. I'm a Gator fan. I'm actually from FL and was there for the LSU game where the Tom Petty halftime tradition was born (as well as Callaway all the way and the Franks Hail Mary. And I saw Tebow win the title. Even covered the team for a hot minute before deciding I hated sports journalism and wanted nothing to do with it ever again. So, hello, friends! Boy, that Dan Mullen really is a great coach, ain't he? 

(Seriously, love Mullen. Great dude, too. Met him on multiple occasions. He probably doesn't remember. It's cool. :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...