The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

On 5/3/2019 at 12:35 PM, eggybucsfan31 said:

... and Bowman is off to Clemson. 

Mullen choosing Knox over Seider continues to be his one true misstep as UF coach so far. 

In terms of recruiting, sure. But Knox is a better teacher. I'm not concerned about HB. You could see the difference Knox's coaching made last year, and we're not lacking talent at the position. Clemson offered some "resources" we weren't willing to match.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Is Steele gone among others?

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida's top-rated 2019 signee is exploring his options and considering a transfer after spending spring on campus as an early enrollee.

Swamp247 can confirm that freshman cornerback Chris Steele has entered his name into the NCAA's transfer portal, giving schools the all-clear to contact him about a potential move. While it's indicative that he might make a move, sources have also told Swamp247 that Steele is still mulling a decision on his future.

According to the Gainesville Sun, Steele was upset that a request to move into a new dorm room within his first month on campus, away from roommate Jalon Jones, was delayed until the summer. That reportedly upset Steele and his parents, and Jones later was accused of sexual assault by two women in his dorm room.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL

1 hour ago, BrownieTheElf said:

I will say, props to the kid for wanting to get away from that situation. Mullen needs to talk to the kid and more importantly the parents. Accept responsibility and correct this.

He reportedly already met with the family in CA ... and from the looks of it, it didn't help. 

56 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

He reportedly already met with the family in CA ... and from the looks of it, it didn't help. 

Yep. He's gone.

3 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

This makes the staff look incompetent as all hell. Completely unacceptable. 

I'm not going to jump to conclusions. I imagine that freshmen wanting to change dorm rooms is not uncommon. None of us know what Steele said when requesting it or to whom he said it. 

10 hours ago, BrownieTheElf said:

We saw a couple. To be honest it seems like Steele pulled a Fields and took advantage of a situation to get his way quicker.

That's what I'm hearing too. Steele was homesick, and this was the out he needed. As for the 2021 guys, I'm hearing that some of that was more coincidental. They want to enjoy visits and the process. The decommitments were going to happen regardless of Steele.

On 5/11/2019 at 8:04 AM, BrownieTheElf said:

We saw a couple. To be honest it seems like Steele pulled a Fields and took advantage of a situation to get his way quicker.

Yeah he never wanted to be here from the time he stepped on campus. I think the whole situation gives those folks that wanted to decommit a reason to actually pull the trigger. 

16 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Yeah, the staff may have screwed up a bit, but there’s definitely more than what meets the eye with Steele. There’s a bunch of players taking not so subtle shots at him on Twitter right now. 

They're absolutely blasting him right now