BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Week 2 Free Agency Review

Anchorage:

OT DJ Humphries;  Anchorage added a solid Left Tackle to the mix at a respectable price. Very BDL starter worthy. Good signing.

Antartica:

OT Mitchell Schwartz; This one, I just don't understand. He isn't even on a roster and has been injured so much. Yes, it's a really cheap contract, the risk is minimal, so I guess that's something but right now, Schwartz doesn't even equate as a BDL backup.

OG Brandon Brooks; IF Brooks returns to form prior to injury this is a solid guard addition, at a decent, fairly average league price. Good signing.

Camden:

C J.C.Tretter; Solid BDL starter, at a reasonable price. I like this signing a lot.

OG Kevin Zeitler; A good addition at another avg contract cost. Zeitler is yet another starter capable BDL player and imo, a good one.

Death Valley:

QB Matthew Stafford; Stafford was signed for above his 50% mark, which was always going to happen but still well below his full contract cost. On a short term contract, there is no way getting the best available free agent QB is a bad thing.

OT Chukwuma Okorafor;  A fairly low cost contract, the true nature of his BDL value will not be known until after the season begins. There is certainly potential for him to be a worthy BDL starter, but only time will tell.

Gotham:

OT Daryl Williams; An qbove average Right Tackle at an average price but the bigger appeal here might be that he can also play guard. Good versatile, depth signing.

Hungary:

OT Charles Leno; This is an OT that has often gotten bashed in BDL, it's interesting that as soon as he changes both BDL and NFL teams, he is all of the sudden a better player. Leno is a slightly above average player, signed to an average BDL contract that will have an opportunity to be a BDL starter level player (depending on how bad WFT is again). It doesn't really move the needle for me, but it must for Hungary. 

C Matt Skura; This is an incredibly cheap contract. He has been good in the NFL, he is a fringe BDL starter but has recently struggled in Baltimore. Maybe the RL change of scenery will do him some good. At this time, it's a meh-level signing.

New Orleans:

OT Alejandro Villanueva; an average short term contract for a guy that at this point in his career might not even be worth that. If this is in any way to help at LT, may God rest your soul. As a RT, we shall see how he does but on a run heavy team irl, I just don't see it. He was one of the worst run blockers in the NFL in 2020. It's a risky addition.

Raleigh:

G Isaac Seumalo; An average guard at a below average cost. Not a bad addition.

C Mitch Morse; It's a high price to pay for a player that'll get no respect in BDL even if he is a consistent starter. It was the first signing of the week and, not a particularly shocking one.

Rome:

OT Andrew Whitworth; Solid add here, decent contract, short term, good player. I like it.

C Justin Britt; Cheap, capable of starting in a pinch. Fits the purpose of the signing.

Seoul:

OT Riley Reiff; Reiff has been a bit up and down in his career though I feel it's been much more good. It's a short term, average contract for a guy that can start in BDL for sure. Good signing.

OG Gabe Jackson; Another average contract and I do like Jackson. Especially as a run blocker. He will go nicely with Javonte Williams. Another good signing .

C Andre James; Listed as an OT for the Raiders? Idk anything about this dude.

Singapore:

OG Andrus Peat; Meh signing. I mean, I guess in a pinch he can be a starter. He is kind of flashy. He either flashes good or bad there is no in between with him. The contract value isn't extreme so the risk is low but it's more, I think about having emergency depth.

OG Lucas Patrick;  very cheap contract based on potential imo, low risk, potentially high reward. I dig it.

C Sam Mustipher; The king of signing guys I've never heard of strikes again. Very low risk contract, Singapore likes guys with potential so I'm going to say this probably fits that bill. I don't see any issues with this addition.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Hungary:

OT Charles Leno; This is an OT that has often gotten bashed in BDL, it's interesting that as soon as he changes both BDL and NFL teams, he is all of the sudden a better player. Leno is a slightly above average player, signed to an average BDL contract that will have an opportunity to be a BDL starter level player (depending on how bad WFT is again). It doesn't really move the needle for me, but it must for Hungary. 

C Matt Skura; This is an incredibly cheap contract. He has been good in the NFL, he is a fringe BDL starter but has recently struggled in Baltimore. Maybe the RL change of scenery will do him some good. At this time, it's a meh-level signing.

As BCB said, only so many LT eligible people in the league *Shrugs* I already have my LT. Skura is more of a possibility for center type. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Who did you sign or who did sign him it does not shock me that I got that wrong but whatever lol

I think Ruskie did. I had the initial offer then it was never updated in bid post 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Week 2 Free Agency Review

Seoul:

C Andre James; Listed as an OT for the Raiders? Idk anything about this dude.

I think he'll be Oakland's center this year.    He only has to beat out Nick Martin.      No idea, but the uncertainty was half the intrigue.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Lol well, in that regard I would say that if you're confident with your offense, then staying put and letting the process flow through isn't ever a bad decision. 

You spoiled his plans to pay $15k for a backup that maybe could’ve gotten him a round 2 pick next year.

• Like 1