BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

tbh until I sent you that PM we had fully assumed Cook wouldn't even be on the market and were zeroed in on Alvin Kamara.

We would’ve made a hard push for the numerous talent available in FA at RB if we didn’t bring Cook back. That was always our plan but the 🐐 @Jlash and yourself made sure we wouldn’t end this relationship.

• Like 2

Just now, wwhickok said:

It's Elijah. 

Elijah Moore is going to be a great professional, but right now he’s got 0/0/0 career stats. You don’t get to elevate rankings bc training camp performance or career projections. And damn sure not over Calvin Ridley.

Just now, MD4L said:

Elijah Moore is going to be a great professional, but right now he’s got 0/0/0 career stats. You don’t get to elevate rankings bc training camp performance or career projections. And damn sure not over Calvin Ridley.

I have a hard time ranking my own players high.

Kamara/Henry I felt like that was an obvious must. But I have a hard time praising myself. That's a RL personality trait tbh

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have a hard time ranking my own players high.

Kamara/Henry I felt like that was an obvious must. But I have a hard time praising myself. That's a RL personality trait tbh

I would be happy if you ranked my entire roster 16th. We’re ready to go but we don’t care about ranking. As a matter of fact higher rankings increase expectations and we don’t need that.

• Like 2

Separately, I do think DJ Moore is slept on too. Similar production to Calvin Ridley over 3 years without the benefit of a QB as good as Ryan nor Julio to take away attention opposite him.

Will be interesting to see how he goes with Darnold this year.

8 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Separately, I do think DJ Moore is slept on too. Similar production to Calvin Ridley over 3 years without the benefit of a QB as good as Ryan nor Julio to take away attention opposite him.

Will be interesting to see how he goes with Darnold this year.

He's someone I've targeted in fantasy drafts this year cause I think he's underrated.

Only reason he might not put up the big stats is that CMac will get a lot of targets and Robby Anderson has a good history with Darnold.

11 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Quarterbacks
2. Aaron Rodgers - Berlin

Running Back
10. Aaron Jones - Berlin

Wide Receiver
9. OBJ / Robinson /Aiyuk - Berlin

QB - Fair

RB - Fair based on depth.  I do think Salvon Ahmed, Michael Carter, and Kenneth Gainwell will have decent role on their respective teams, I just need them to do enough to be BDL viable.

WR - I think this one is a bit low, especially if OBJ is back to form.  I also think MVS and Marquise Brown are better than a few WRs you listed for other teams.

33 minutes ago, Blue said:

I still don't understand what Ragnarok was thinking giving Ahkello Witherspoon $4400/year for 5 years. Just got traded to Pittsburgh to be their 4th/5th CB.

Idk man maybe at first but I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting soon enough. CB is a very close second to OL in terms of bad/shallow positional groups on the team.

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Idk man maybe at first but I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting soon enough. CB is a very close second to OL in terms of bad/shallow positional groups on the team.

*looks at Seattle's CB depth chart*

idk man I don't think Seattle is trading a guy they think can play

Just now, Blue said:

*looks at Seattle's CB depth chart*

idk man I don't think Seattle is trading a guy they think can play

Fair point but I guess my counter would be that the Steelers probably think he's a guy they can play since they traded for him. Time will tell. Just broke that we traded a 2023 5th for him so I'm fine with it regardless. Although I did also read that we lose our likely 5th round comp pick this year because of the trade so it's really like we traded 2 5ths for him.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Fair point but I guess my counter would be that the Steelers probably think he's a guy they can play since they traded for him. Time will tell.

Okay, sure, but would you trust the team trading for him over the team that had him in camp all offseason if it wasn't the team you root for trading for him?