BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Just took too long and then all my cap/three downs/double downs got eaten up by other players

Say you have a guy (who is not locked) that costs $650 over 2 years. You could "double down" him and make his contract $1300 over 1 year. Or if a guy was $500 over 3 years you could triple down him and make his deal $1500 over 1 year. If you have the cap space for it of course. 

I've got a bunch of double downs coming but I'll give it a few days for the spreadsheet guys to handle all of the trades before I give them more work to do.

I’m sure we could have made it happen without the player back. But all is gravy 

• Like 1

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

You could have taken the lower offer to send one out of your division :ph34r: 

Trust me, I wanted to do the deal with someone else, especially after pheltz tried (and eventually succeeded) to strong arm me on the deal. But at the end of the day I realized I needed to move Kittle in preparation for the Great Cap Catastrophe of 2022. So I had to move him for just the 3rd.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

I’m sure we could have made it happen without the player back. But all is gravy 

You were the one insisting on sending the guy back, and I get why. We still have 45 minutes if you want to try it without sending the guy back lol

Just now, ny92mike said:

NOOOO....Daniel Jones is playing pretty good football.  The GM needs to go and the rest will fall into place.

Yeah, if there was a legit top tier QB in this class and the Giants were in place to get one I'd say go for it but Jones has been playing well this year for the most part so if they don't feel strongly about anyone I'd say roll with him for another year.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Andrew Thomas is on IR... he had been playing really well. The rest of the line should get replaced 

After this season, they'll need to find starters for 4 of the 5 OL positions.  

To think that Dave Gettleman was hired to fix the offensive line issues and if anything he's made it worse and at the end of the season, we'll need to find 4 starters after the GM destroyed our cap for next season.  Sad really.