BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I remember reading your gameplans for 3 straight weeks where you were outgunned talent wise and being like "this guy is in the goddamn zone with these game plans". Those are huge.

I am smitten by your praise. We really enjoyed that run. It was some fun times.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Jamal Adams has been legitimately awful this year though.

Legitimately awful is a stretch but he's been very disappointing no doubt. He's just not a fit for what they're running in Seattle and needs to be playing up near the LOS and free to do his own thing.

Why trade 2 1sts and give Adams 18mil a year and then ask him to be Tre Boston?

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

Legitimately awful is a stretch but he's been very disappointing no doubt. He's just not a fit for what they're running in Seattle and needs to be playing up near the LOS and free to do his own thing.

NFL teams do what they want.

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Do I think he would be more effective in a different system?  Yes.

Can I ignore the fact that he has been extremely disappointing when asked to do anything other than freelance and blitz?  No.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Have you ever admitted one of your players was legitimately awful?

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Have you ever admitted one of your players was legitimately awful?

I've seldom been in the position to and it's just not true re: Adams.

Legitimately awful implies busted coverages and harming your team frequently throughout games. See Daniel Sorenson vs. Buffalo.

Adams has dropped a couple picks who should've caught and hasn't impacted games nearly enough for someone on that pay grade. 

If Rodney McLeod or Rayshawn Jenkins performed the same, people would just say meh. The exaggeration of underperformance comes with what we expectation of Adams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MD4L said:

Should’ve taken Jonathan Taylor over CEH. 

What, and take the consistently productive, prototypical NFL build running back from a pro system over a small, slow guy with one real year of production? Ridiculous.

48 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Byard is the man. So underrated.

47 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Someone as smart and instinctual as Byard playing the robber role is such a nightmare for people.

Where was this praise at the beginning of the year for BDL stud Kevin Byard

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Slightly random thought but: If you’re considering RB round 1 and he lacks breakaway speed or legitimate WR upside (Najee Harris) what are you doing?

Lol if you think Harris can't catch.  He has the second most catches of any RB. Swift is first.  Also in Rome (I wasn't sure how to consider Patterson tho to be fair) 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

What, and take the consistently productive, prototypical NFL build running back from a pro system over a small, slow guy with one real year of production? Ridiculous.

Where was this praise at the beginning of the year for BDL stud Kevin Byard

***** I've never NOT praised Byard. Drafted and raised that man.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Lol if you think Harris can't catch.  He has the second most catches of any RB. Swift is first.  Also in Rome (I wasn't sure how to consider Patterson tho to be fair) 

I literally included Najee Harris because of his legitimate receiver upside/ability. What are you talking about?

• Like 2