Tyty’s Gaming Journal

Ty21

Fallen Jedi time 

•the combat is going to take some getting used to. I’m so used to DBZ Kakarot’s and it didn’t help that that game had a button layout that doesn’t match any other game 

•I’m going to have to go into this game with the mindset that I’m going to have to be okay with it being incredibly similar to the first game. The reason I didn’t love Shadow of War is because it felt like Shadow of Mordor DLC and it was probably better than I let it be. This game will likely feel like the same story  

•BD just EMP pulsed an entire space yacht and brought it down. I hope that was possible because they rigged the entire ship beforehand and not because BD is an incomprehensibly overpowered tiny droid. 

•Cere and Greez were just there in the first game but being reunited with them in this one was kinda nice 

•Why does Cal trust Bode enough to allow him to discern the location of the Jedi hiding spot? He’s a bounty Hunter. He seems like your friend but I seriously doubt he doesn’t sell all your info to the empire for riches. Ill be shocked if he doesn’t betray you in this game

Rick the Door Technician boss was hilarious lol.

im having fun with this game so far. There’s way too much exploring to do. I think I have more fun playing Star Wars games than I ever did watching the movies even though I like the movies. I hate that they didn’t move on from the busted map system. The game is 100% less monotonous if it just had a minimap on screen or a compass. The holomap design is just an eyesore 

I beat the game. I’m not gonna give it a review until I’ve cooled off a bit on it and the bounty stuff gets patched or I’ll give it an overly harsh review. I started a new game + of it because I missed a trophy that’s locked out because the game doesn’t let you go back and play individual chapters. Also playing it as a speed run of sorts to see if the bounties will come unlocked in this file because new game + keeps your tactical guide info from main save, meaning I’ll be able to cross off the last two trophies I need if it works. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished Jedi Survivor; EA finally updated the bounty glitch after two months so I sprinted through to the end of it so I could get the plat trophy. The final CAIJ and Boba part was neat but it was hard getting to them. Not because it was hard, but because the game force closed a bunch.

7.4/10 for the game. Had a lot of alright parts and story components but the game was almost broken. Not impressed. 

Guardians of the Galaxy is next 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I thought GotG would be a 7.5/10 kind of game but it was totally solid. I’ll give it a 9.1/10. I had a lot of fun with it, which means a lot because I never much cared for GotG and am super hero movied out. The bickering and team element was new to me, leveling each of their things, having each level up element very accessible (I maxed out everything well before the end of the game, meaning missing collectibles won’t kill your pursuit). The story was pretty good, it was quirky and fun and I honestly just didn’t expect to like it as much as I did. 

I haven’t moved on to the next thing yet, which will likely be God of War Ragnarok but I’ve been playing NBA 2K23 the last few months. ~80 hours in but it’s mostly complaints from me. I started with eras, which is neat but half baked. The Jordan challenge is bugged so it won’t even register The Shot, so you can’t move on. (I retried and passed it like 10 times but it doesn’t acknowledge it). Then my player is straight up the same game it’s been. The city sucks. Skateboarding physics and obstacles are on par with ps2 games. The map is so pointlessly big and slow. The story is so ****ing stupid. The antagonist of the story literally only exists to annoy you. Most of the side characters are annoying as hell, like the fashion lesbians and the time trial dbags. Gameplay is extremely easy, I’ve been averaging about a triple double my whole career and have spent $0 on VC. I’m happy the game was free, but there’s a reason I only buy this game every couple years. It’s because it doesn’t change. 2.7/10

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@Ty21 try Vampyr. 

I actually liked Vampyr quite a bit. I bought an xbone years ago and literally only played that game on it. The game certainly had its flaws and stale moments but if I go in to a game with no expectations I’ll likely like it more 

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

I actually liked Vampyr quite a bit. I bought an xbone years ago and literally only played that game on it. The game certainly had its flaws and stale moments but if I go in to a game with no expectations I’ll likely like it more 

Oh you've already played it?  I'm trying to recommend you one you've never played. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 7:44 PM, Ty21 said:

Wow. I thought GotG would be a 7.5/10 kind of game but it was totally solid. I’ll give it a 9.1/10. I had a lot of fun with it, which means a lot because I never much cared for GotG and am super hero movied out. The bickering and team element was new to me, leveling each of their things, having each level up element very accessible (I maxed out everything well before the end of the game, meaning missing collectibles won’t kill your pursuit). The story was pretty good, it was quirky and fun and I honestly just didn’t expect to like it as much as I did. 

The story is just that good.   IMO it’s an even better one than GOTG3 (and I loved that story).  

The gameplay is pretty simple but the story and the choices you’re given are just so fun.    It was awarded biggest surprise by several sites / mags and imo that was dead on accurate.    Different tone but it’s very much like how The Walking Dead season 1 story was so good it overcame the simple choice-based 10-year old target gameplay level (which is kinda ironic given the story being told def not for kids lol). .  

• Like 1