Week 17 GDT: Texans vs Titans

Pastor Dillon

This season has come to an end. Thankfully we accomplished one of our two goals this season. We either wanted to make the AFC Championship or fire BOB. Personally I’ll take what we got. 

there’s one matter of business left. Help bounce the Titans from the playoffs and get Watson 283 yards passing. That gives him the passing title, unless Josh Allen or Matt Ryan throws for 420+ yards. 

Having a late game will tell us exactly where we stand. I just hope the coaching staff view this as important and don’t stubbornly try to run run run. Surely Kelly wants on his resume that he was the OC for the leagues leading passer. 

he needs 313 yards to break Matt Schaubs Texans record. He already has the TD record 

Watson is also completing right at 70% of his passes, which is like to see kept up

couple other notes

David Johnson needs 115 rush/receiving yards to cross 1,000 for the season. 

cooks needs 16 yards to cross 1,000 on the year 

Omenihu and Martin both need a sack to set new career highs with 4 

Coutee needs 90 yards and a TD to finish with a 400/4 season. I’d like to see him not fumble too. I’m torn on whether he’s a legit number 3 WR or not. 

I want us (titans) to win this game so, so, so badly

but I am scared sh**-less against Houston

Watson should have 283 easily. Our defense is *that* bad. Can't generate any sort of pass rush, it's really hard to watch every week

I think we can hopefully just "out-talent" you guys, which kind of happened earlier in the year. But it's clear that Watson's greatness tied w/ our inability to get in his face is the great equalizer.

• Like 1

I want to play spoiler to the Titans, I really do. But, I don't see it, Tennessee is too much on offense, and our mental miscues are too much to overcome.

It'll be an exciting, high scoring game because our two teams know how to put on a show, I'll say that.

48-38, Titans. Expect one ST or defensive score from somebody today.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Thank god this is the final game for this coaching staff.  Looking forward to start hearing more organization news starting tomorrow morning.

I wouldn't be surprised if a GM is named in the next two weeks. There's a lot of work the new guy needs to get started on ASAP.

5 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I want us (titans) to win this game so, so, so badly

but I am scared sh**-less against Houston

Watson should have 283 easily. Our defense is *that* bad. Can't generate any sort of pass rush, it's really hard to watch every week

I think we can hopefully just "out-talent" you guys, which kind of happened earlier in the year. But it's clear that Watson's greatness tied w/ our inability to get in his face is the great equalizer.

Our offensive line is the worst you’ve played all year. Our one competent lineman is not playing. 

Our O-Line vs y’all’s pass rush is the stoppable force meets the movable object. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

I am not 100% certain on any one GM or HC. I have a few of each I like. 

I'm as close to certain on Malik Boyd and Robert Saleh - I think they both have what we desperately need.

This being said, I won't be heartbroken if we don't get both. There are a few possibilities out there.

• Like 1