2020 FF MVP share

Tk3

18 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

but yards per play doesn't measure explosiveness really does it.

a team that hits a seven yard pass every play will have a considerably higher yards per play than a team that goes incompletion incompletion fifteen yard pass. the latter on the other hand will subjectively to the eye look like they're more explosive. i've already said perhaps his efficiency could be why i underrated rodgers on the eye test. being in the top five for a season is no mean feat!

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Passing&rank=118

Passing plays longer than 25 yards

Mahomes = 37

Rodgers = 37

Certainly a huge difference in explosiveness 

Josh Allen = 30

Edited by squire12
Added Josh Allen
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 6:03 PM, Shady Slim said:

i never said he was bad, tbf, i still have him in my top five players for the season which is no mean feat. perhaps because of the efficiency of the offense it didn't look as explosive and invincible, similar to the brady pats. regardless i just wasn't as wowed by his season as i was by allen's or by mahomes's, but i still had the guy top five jeez i'm not saying he stunk it up lol

Potentially the worst part of an already terrible argument. 

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Passing&rank=118

Passing plays longer than 25 yards

Mahomes = 37

Rodgers = 37

Certainly a huge difference in explosiveness 

Josh Allen = 30

I cant speak for Mahomes drop issues but if MVS caught half of the balls he dropped the number would easily be over 40. 

29 minutes ago, squire12 said:

and no KC WR or TE have dropped any deep passes?

Thats why I said I couldn't speak for Mahomes. MVS has had a number of wide open deep pass drops including one against the Bears. I understand the problem with bringing it up without knowledge of Mahomes or Allen. 

15 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Thats why I said I couldn't speak for Mahomes. MVS has had a number of wide open deep pass drops including one against the Bears. I understand the problem with bringing it up without knowledge of Mahomes or Allen. 

So why do it?

12 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Because it's a forum and we are soliciting discussion? If every post had to be perfect with no flaws there would be a total of 0 posts. But you already know that and your just being a ****. 

Way to raise the level of discussion by going the name calling route.  You should be proud of that.

57 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So why do it?

Don’t think his point was to say Rodgers should have more than Allen or Mahomes, just adding a notation that the Packers had a particularly high amount of deep drops. Seems noteworthy, especially for someone like me that caught almost nothing out of Green Bay this year.

19 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Don’t think his point was to say Rodgers should have more than Allen or Mahomes, just adding a notation that the Packers had a particularly high amount of deep drops. Seems noteworthy, especially for someone like me that caught almost nothing out of Green Bay this year.

I watched every GB game.  Fully aware.  Just don't see what it contributes other than sounding like a homer trying to prop up his QB

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I watched every GB game.  Fully aware.  Just don't see what it contributes other than sounding like a homer trying to prop up his QB

I mean your taking a small part of a larger argument and making it the argument. A point that I literally prefaced with " I dont have all the data". So your name calling me a homer really raising the level of discussion there buddy.