Anthony Lynn Fired

Mojibwe

7 hours ago, Leoric said:

Honestly wasn’t expecting that. Here’s to hoping we don’t replace him with a Norv or McCoy.

Still better than Lynn... lol

I agree there are a bunch of good names out there and I think Daboll is who I'd lean towards.

1 hour ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I like that we have Eberflus scheduled for an interview. I don’t think he’ll get it, but I like that we’re interviewing DC’s and not only OC’s. I think it’s important to hire the right guy, a leader, regardless of which side of the ball.  

This can't be stressed enough.  You need someone who has a solid Rolodex/connections and if he doesn't have a history of mentorship or coming from a culture of mentorship himself, he needs to have connections to someone who does.  This is largely because, as we've seen with the McVay and Shanahan trees, if your new HC with his shiny young QB stay entrenched in the upper echelons of offensive output, his assistants are going to get poached for promotional gigs of their own in fairly short order - hence is the nature of the copycat league.

• Like 2

I’ll never understand the love for Telesco either.  This will be his 3rd HC hire? Most GM’s are lucky to get two cracks at it.  It’s not like he’s nailed the draft either. Fluker, Verrett, Gordon, Bosa, Williams, James, Tillery, Herbert, Murray, Teo, Attaochu, Perryman, Henry, Lamp, Adderley....there’s a lot of ugly in there and I left out the 3rd round which (outside of Keenan) has been a total waste - Watt, the USC center can’t remember his name, Mager!!!, Pipkins and Feeney have been decent at best. I don’t know, I don’t understand the fascination with TT

On 1/4/2021 at 8:54 PM, The LBC said:

This can't be stressed enough.  You need someone who has a solid Rolodex/connections and if he doesn't have a history of mentorship or coming from a culture of mentorship himself, he needs to have connections to someone who does.  This is largely because, as we've seen with the McVay and Shanahan trees, if your new HC with his shiny young QB stay entrenched in the upper echelons of offensive output, his assistants are going to get poached for promotional gigs of their own in fairly short order - hence is the nature of the copycat league.

LBC, how do you feel about Garrett? When I saw it a couple days ago, I rolled my eyes. The more I think about it, the more it makes a lot of sense to me.  9 years HC experience, working for one of the toughest (as far as fan expectation/media/owner) organizations in the NFL, I would think he would know how to handle a staff. It’s not the sexiest pick but I kinda like it particularly if paired with Steichen or Hamilton or both.  We have a team, I believe, if healthy and a tweak or two to the roster, could be in the playoff hunt. Do we feel comfortable trusting that to a first time HC?  

5 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

LBC, how do you feel about Garrett? When I saw it a couple days ago, I rolled my eyes. The more I think about it, the more it makes a lot of sense to me.  9 years HC experience, working for one of the toughest (as far as fan expectation/media/owner) organizations in the NFL, I would think he would know how to handle a staff. It’s not the sexiest pick but I kinda like it particularly if paired with Steichen or Hamilton or both.  We have a team, I believe, if healthy and a tweak or two to the roster, could be in the playoff hunt. Do we feel comfortable trusting that to a first time HC?  

It feels like spinning wheels - which, let's be honest, is a very Chargers move.

To be clear, I have no issue with retread HC's... if they have a proven system that has had consistent success.  Look at the success Andy Reid has had in Kansas City, for instance.  I don't see Garrett being in the same vein; his time in Dallas was littered with mediocrity, no discernibly successful system, a defense that was almost annually tweaking scheme because it couldn't produce something worth maintaining, and - if we're being perfectly honest - a team that was propped up by a division that rarely had more than 1 highly-competitive team at any given time.

Hotep Chargers fans....

Brown's fan here, and I was looking at you guys job and the Jaguars job as the two best to come available this year. With yall being a team I think is 1 draft away from being ready to contend, yall guy's got my #1 QB and #1 ILB in last years draft and they both look like corner stones....as well as getting KJ Hill in round 7 which I thought was a steal.

But the reason I came in here was to ask, how do Bolts fans feel about Arthur Smith, the OC from the Titans? I think that dude would fit your team perfect. But I would like to know what what the fans think?