All-Pro Brandon Scherff

lavar703

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The sad thing is that his play hasn't been an All-Pro level consistently. I think he has had really good play in spurts, but to me an All-Pro is consistently great.

True but w/o him our OL has been a lot worse the last few years when he got hurt. He’s the most important part of our OL.

Just now, turtle28 said:

True but w/o him our OL has been a lot worse the last few years when he got hurt. He’s the most important part of our OL.

I think that's an indictment to how bad the people are behind him as much as it's a praise to his abilities. I do believe he is a good/great player. I do believe he is an important piece, but he is absolutely replaceable. I think the gap behind him in the depth chart is huge and we dont have a replacement on our roster currently. However, if he demands too much money, deuces. 

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think that's an indictment to how bad the people are behind him as much as it's a praise to his abilities. I do believe he is a good/great player. I do believe he is an important piece, but he is absolutely replaceable. I think the gap behind him in the depth chart is huge and we dont have a replacement on our roster currently. However, if he demands too much money, deuces. 

Well of course, everyone is replaceable but to replace Scherff we have to sign a lesser FA to a decent size deal or spend a high draft pick on a guard.

I know this only cements his price but let’s be honest the player who nobody wanted because there was a super unexplosive DL player who was higher rated by experts deserves to be paid. Schreff allowed us to get top level RT play from another player and I believe he makes Our now locked up OC Rollier better as well. This guy has earned a honor on this roster the staff loves him do the right thing by showing that when you receive a high honor for your play on this team you will be rewarded. This move will speak loudly to our future stars and their thinking about buying into this regime. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don’t believe his that replaceable. I truly hate the idea of paying a guard that much money but we basically do nothing with our cap space anymore. He’s a homegrown talent and an absolute rock on the OL and we’ve seen what Wes Martin is. I’m not creating a hole on a team that has a lot of them already. We have plenty of cap space and will most likely have a buttload once Smiths contract is off the books. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I know this only cements his price but let’s be honest the player who nobody wanted because there was a super unexplosive DL player who was higher rated by experts deserves to be paid. Schreff allowed us to get top level RT play from another player and I believe he makes Our now locked up OC Rollier better as well. This guy has earned a honor on this roster the staff loves him do the right thing by showing that when you receive a high honor for your play on this team you will be rewarded. This move will speak loudly to our future stars and their thinking about buying into this regime. 

The same DT who just had an 11.5 sack season?

I think the idea that Leonard Williams is a bust was never true for one, and it’s definitely not true now. I still would’ve take him over Scherff. We take Williams then we have a better D in 2015 & 2016 w/ our great passing game. Then, we probably don’t take both of the other DL in the first round in 2017 & 18 so we may have taken other positions and thus have a better all around team now.

Edited by turtle28