Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

2 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Hey.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Plop

I think you're both over thinking it. Bucs is pretty obvious Mafia, and Wicker is, too. But, Bucs is the more dangerous of the two.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

UT brings up good points.

I do have doubts about dome's motivation, even though I tend to trust the actual information. The risk is too high for him to flat out lie and set up a civ, but that doesn't mean Dome is town.

He could EASILY be a mafia who is trying to lynch an other in order to "clear" himself. Heck, it's possible that Bucs converted from other to mafia and now the mafia is stringing him out in an attempt to self-clear

I'm okay with a Bucs lynch (even though I don't feel great about it), but if he comes up other/mafia, we can't just assume that means Dome is town.

I can get on board with this. Perhaps have a discussion about his role and try to see if we can figure it out and how much he's willing to tell us.

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Unless the others can't help us win, in which case he wouldn't want us to know.

If he was an other and they could help us, why not come out and say it, like you said.

If he's an other and others can't help us, we get to kill a Mafia and can later look into Dome.

If he's a Mafia and we kill an other, and others CAN help us....why would an other reveal himself already and let us know?

The first part is my point exactly. 

Im just not one to follow the whole "trust me guys I know" 

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I mean why wouldn't an other come out and reveal themself

Others typically have their own, unique win objectives.

And it often is counter to the town's objectives which leads to a lynch.

Or it is very pro town, at which point they are subject to a mafia hit.

Which is why they usually stay UTR.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

The first part is my point exactly. 

Im just not one to follow the whole "trust me guys I know" 

tenor.gif

Yea I get what you're saying.

I just think the if the others could help us they would have perhaps hinted towards it by now.

4 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I mean why wouldn't an other come out and reveal themself

There is some definite reasons why they wouldn't. People tend to be very weary of any other roles. They usually have a few different win conditions and people fear they will ultimately go for the condition that helps them the most.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Gotcha, that answers my question to untouchable as well.

We're so hung up on the Bucs/Mookie/Dome/TK situation that we aren't looking at other things.

Pats is doing a whole lot of "being in the convo and playing up being a beginner", but not doing a whole lot other than vaguely agreeing with others.

It gives the vibes of a mafia trying to blend in during a debate that they know they won't be dragged into.

There is some definite reasons why they wouldn't. People tend to be very weary of any other roles. They usually have a few different win conditions and people fear they will ultimately go for the condition that helps them the most.

So if others may be able to help us, but their ultimate goal isn't the same as ours, I'm not exactly upset with the odds of lynching an other if Dome is in fact mafia.

Short term it may hurt us a bit, but long term it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

This is what I'm worried about. 

I can't imagine we have the same win conditions, but what if they aren't a threat to evil? What if both alignments are a threat to "good" aka mafia?

Just now, Pats#1 said:

So if others may be able to help us, but their ultimate goal isn't the same as ours, I'm not exactly upset with the odds of lynching an other if Dome is in fact mafia.

Short term it may hurt us a bit, but long term it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

It's hard to say. There is a possibility that an other role could give us huge advantage in finding the mafia. 

I absolutely refuse to follow a lynch based on a "trust me guys" type of moment. 

I agree to an extent.

I'm not thrilled about following on the bucs lynch, I much prefer a Mookie lynch.

But at this point bucs gives us more information than a random lynch. It probably sheds quite a bit of light on all of the moving pieces of the night 1 plays.

Archived