Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

He's trying to make us forget that we were on to him as a likely cultist. And he's ignoring the fact that, as others have pointed out, there's ways for mafia to hit without being seen, ninja or catzy hits.

No, I am in the midst of getting of mafia lynched. Nice try though. 

39 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I would have to say it would be a civ losing his powers I don't see it as being possible to convert a mafia player to civ

From what I've read on my role from BCB as well as other types of roles similar to mine, doesn't say much about exactly who I can convert....just that it's either Death or that person is now a vanilla townie....and I don't have a choice.

The vote for KSJ makes sense....I'm just hesitant because of how well Dome and Touch are getting along right now, as opposed to how they were yesterday. Almost like a good cop bad cop routine or something rehearsed to make their agreement seem more genuine.

At the same time, I can't really explain how a watcher (I'm guessing that's what Touch is), could see a voice in someone's head (Jason's mother). That is what is really making me lean KSJ.

I'll go KSJ for now, but going to pay close attention to outside input once others wake up.

As for my character being able to convert a mafia to town....that makes little sense now that I think about it.

Mafia knows who one another are...if I converted mafia, what would stop them from just letting us all know exactly who the mafia was.

48 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Which one? There's two scenarios there. 

I think i meant i don't think it's likely james is mafia turned cult at all.

just getting it out that its possible.

i think your theory on how it could work is good though, which is why I say it's possible

9 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

As for my character being able to convert a mafia to town....that makes little sense now that I think about it.

Mafia knows who one another are...if I converted mafia, what would stop them from just letting us all know exactly who the mafia was.

Wonder if you just "neuter" them. no more spam and they can't make hits, but still have the mafia win condition to keep them from outing their buddies?

quite unlikely I think, just throwing out more theories... no idea what to think so throwing eveything out there. 

3 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Wonder if you just "neuter" them. no more spam and they can't make hits, but still have the mafia win condition to keep them from outing their buddies?

quite unlikely I think, just throwing out more theories... no idea what to think so throwing eveything out there. 

nevermind, just saw u said it converts them to vanilla townie. doubt they would be able to keep their mafia win condition...... 

3 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

From what my role says, I can be killed but only in a certain way, and if the kill isn't successful, they either are killed or turned into a vanilla townie.

With that, I'm not sure the game would last long if a mafia person got turned, because I don't see anything that insinuates they can't rat their old buddies out.

I'm guessing the Vanilla civ is the punishment (losing powers) for if a civ visits me....and death is the punishment if a mafia tries to kill me but doesn't succeed.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

From what my role says, I can be killed but only in a certain way, and if the kill isn't successful, they either are killed or turned into a vanilla townie.

With that, I'm not sure the game would last long if a mafia person got turned, because I don't see anything that insinuates they can't rat their old buddies out.

I'm guessing the Vanilla civ is the punishment (losing powers) for if a civ visits me....and death is the punishment if a mafia tries to kill me but doesn't succeed.

yeah that makes sense

Archived