Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This is probably the last time a team will give someone an NTC. Someone in the Players’ Association should be talking to David Mugaletta about the precedent he’s setting with his client.

It's interesting to see NTC's in the other leagues. The NBA requires 8 years of experience and 4 years with their current teams before a player can negotiate a no trade clause. However, they'll have "player options" as well as "team options" on additional years. The NHL doesn't have requirements, but I also know they're similar to the NBA in that teams have a bit more control on players for the first handful of years. The NHL is also the most simple too where they take the years of the contract, total value and say your cap hit is the average. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, lumberjackchris said:

So Denver is out, gotta mean Carolina is in pole position for Watson

Minnesota, Washington and Pittsburgh might be in discussions, but I agree that Carolina is prob the top team.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 5:08 PM, ET80 said:

I think every Texans fan needs to brace themselves for getting less than anticipated for Watson.

In related news:

Seattle didn’t get much for Wilson, considering what he’s accomplished. I’d be surprised if the Texans got more than this for Watson.

5 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Repots that Seattle is willing to move Lockett now. 

Looks like they are going full rebuild. 

Makes me wonder if Carroll stays around at 70 years old.

Probably going to groom his replacement this season…

33 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Deshaun really holds the keys to his own future if he settles. Nothing he can do will fix his name. Nothing. 

On that note:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/deshaun-watson-deposition/285-56128bd0-3398-4dd8-8633-22d2ce3c0a64#:~:text=Deshaun Watson's deposition scheduled for,be deposed on March 11.&text=HOUSTON — There's a new development,is scheduled for March 11.

Watson will be in court this Friday.