Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Anything is better than what we had 

I agree, but envisioning this treasure trove of picks and players is ignoring the football and non-football hurdles that are standing in the way.

If the Texans get what Detroit received in the Matt Stafford trade, that would be a fair trade, all things considered. Stafford might not be as exciting as Watson (notice I didn't say as "good" because Stafford is pretty awesome) but Stafford comes in with significantly less baggage.

I am predicting Watson to Eagles.  I know he said no before, but options are drying up  and he needs to get someplace where he can steer a playoff caliber team to higher heights to get some of the stank off and rebuild his rep.  

I think it will be two of their 1st picks this year (IND, PHI) + 2023 2nd (becomes 1st based on snaps and Philly in playoffs) + 2024 3rd + T Andre Dillard + DL Milton Williams.

The players are included to free up some cap space + past targets of the franchise.

Tunsil gets moved to Cincy for 1st + Edge Joseph Ossai + 2023 4th (becomes a 3rd if Tunsil in Pro Bowl).

That's what I am hoping for at this point - other than a miracle that Flores is hired and convinces Watson to stay & take a pay cut... LOL

11 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

That's what I am hoping for at this point - other than a miracle that Flores is hired and convinces Watson to stay & take a pay cut... LOL

One of these two things could happen... Watson COULD stay, but pay cut? Yeah, he's got settlements and lawyer fees to pay (it might as well read "Rusty Hardin" instead of "Deshaun Watson" on the salary cap, because that $35mm is going to him). 

🤣

13 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I think it will be two of their 1st picks this year (IND, PHI) + 2023 2nd (becomes 1st based on snaps and Philly in playoffs) + 2024 3rd + T Andre Dillard + DL Milton Williams.

I honestly think this is relatively realistic - I know they're more than ready to pitch Dillard anywhere but on their roster and while Williams is an emerging figure and a young asset, he's not a guy who they'd keep as a core guy. Picks line up too, IMO (probably change the provisional 2 to 1 to a 3 to 2).

It's really on Watson at this point.

50 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I am predicting Watson to Eagles.  I know he said no before, but options are drying up  and he needs to get someplace where he can steer a playoff caliber team to higher heights to get some of the stank off and rebuild his rep.  

The players are included to free up some cap space + past targets of the franchise.

Tunsil gets moved to Cincy for 1st + Edge Joseph Ossai + 2023 4th (becomes a 3rd if Tunsil in Pro Bowl).

You're never going to let that one go, are you? 😉

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Sounds like Amy Palsic. Crazy she literally plead the 5th on everything. Even knowing Watson lmao

I actually think it's the character witness that Rusty Hardin had when this case started, Jasmine Brooks... Remember her, she had a written statement that said Watson was a good guy and not guilty, but then Buzbee dropped a bunch of texts that had her basically admitting Watson was doing this stuff...

https://www.awesemo.com/sideaction/masseuse-who-came-out-in-support-of-deshaun-watson-says-text-message-leak-was-manipulated-bjs/

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

I actually think it's the character witness that Rusty Hardin had when this case started, Jasmine Brooks... Remember her, she had a written statement that said Watson was a good guy and not guilty, but then Buzbee dropped a bunch of texts that had her basically admitting Watson was doing this stuff...

https://www.awesemo.com/sideaction/masseuse-who-came-out-in-support-of-deshaun-watson-says-text-message-leak-was-manipulated-bjs/

Ah ok, that would be more damming too!

• Like 1

As a Browns fan I think we could be a fit. 

I think our 2022 second and first rounders in 23, and 24 could get it down. Along with possibly throwing Baker in there. 

your getting more than Detroit got for Stafford which I’d say is fair based on the PR and the contract. 

you guys get assets the next 3 years and a potential starting QB to compete with Mills. 

I think that trade will be as good as any other you’ll be able to get based on the current market 

25 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think our 2022 second and first rounders in 23, and 24 could get it down. Along with possibly throwing Baker in there. 

Yeah, gonna need more firsts if Baker is in the deal.

By all reports, Miami was willing to meet Caserio's high demands, and they had a better QB attached to the deal. And Watson was willing to waive his NTC for it, because he wants to be in Miami.

I don't think Watson wants to be in Cleveland, if we're being blunt.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

By all reports, Miami was willing to meet Caserio's high demands, and they had a better QB attached to the deal. And Watson was willing to waive his NTC for it, because he wants to be in Miami.

I mean Baker doesnt have to be in the deal, but I deff think he'd possibly be an upgrade over Mills. He's only on his 5th year deal so you wouldn't have to take on a major contract or resign him if you didn't want to. Plus if you didn't resign him you'd eventually get a comp pick for him. I see no reason for you all to not want him back in a trade.  

Theres really not anything for you all to lose, but if you didn't want him I know some team out there would pay something for him. But with Caserio being from New England who was apparently high on Baker coming out I definitely think he'd be a player you'd be interested in.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23374606/agent-says-new-england-patriots-discussed-trading-draft-baker-mayfield

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Beggers can't be choosey........I'm talking about Watson. I doubt he wants to sit out a 2nd season so he eventually will have to blink. 

• Like 2