Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

What sucks is that I’ve been a Texans fan from day 1 and I’ve never been as excited for a draft pick as I was Watson. Sucks that it went this way. 

You and me both, man. You and me both. He was on a trajectory to become my favorite player of all time - ahead of Watt, AJ, Warren Moon. This entire experience makes me like football less, it’s just not fun anymore.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm actually banking before the start of Free Agency on Wednesday...

I think before that. He is being deposed again on Tuesday. I would think he would meet with teams today then Texans accept offers tomorrow. Deshaun will need to prep for his deposition tomorrow afternoon but I'm sure teams have been prepping their offers since before he was cleared of charged. Teams don't need to have space cleared before they agree on the trade parameters, same with Free Agency. Just needs to be done before its official. I think it gets done tomorrow. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

I think before that. He is being deposed again on Tuesday. I would think he would meet with teams today then Texans accept offers tomorrow. Deshaun will need to prep for his deposition tomorrow afternoon but I'm sure teams have been prepping their offers since before he was cleared of charged. Teams don't need to have space cleared before they agree on the trade parameters, same with Free Agency. Just needs to be done before its official. I think it gets done tomorrow. 

Offers have been made 

• Like 2

After holding out this long, we'd better get an unreasonable return. If it's not three 1s three 2s and a couple players, or something approximately equivalent, I think we should just keep him. I'm feeling confident that Caserio isn't going to budge on the three firsts at the very least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

After holding out this long, we'd better get an unreasonable return. If it's not three 1s three 2s and a couple players, or something approximately equivalent, I think we should just keep him. I'm feeling confident that Caserio isn't going to budge on the three firsts at the very least.

No chance we'd wait out all this just to budge on our demands. Everything I'm reading is the Saints and Panthers are willing to meet the demands. I'm having a hard time thinking what the Saints could offer as far as prospects. Throw in a few dark horses like Seattle, Cleveland, and Philly, and I'm sure we'll get at least 3 firsts and a few other assets. 

• Like 1

Just now, LORK88 said:

No chance we'd wait out all this just to budge on our demands. Everything I'm reading is the Saints and Panthers are willing to meet the demands. I'm having a hard time thinking what the Saints could offer as far as prospects. Throw in a few dark horses like Seattle, Cleveland, and Philly, and I'm sure we'll get at least 3 firsts and a few other assets. 

Likewise, I don’t think Watson is willing to sit another year - he’s probably willing to waive the NTC for a few teams now.

• Like 2

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/sources-saints-emerging-as-extremely-serious-contender-in-deshaun-watson-trade-market-no-trade-clause-gives-him-a-lot-of-leverage/

Ok... ish is getting interesting

"Saints general manager Mickey Loomis is determined to land Watson and is prepared to make aggressive, roster-shaking moves to pull this off," Wilson writes. A source predicted to Wilson that OT Ryan Ramczyk, DE Marcus Davenport, DT David Onyemata, and C Erik McCoy are potential add-ons along with the reported Texans asking price of three first-round picks. The Panthers have been the most aggressive team on Watson for some time now, but the Saints appear to be another strong entrant into the ring. 

Edited by jch1911
  • Like 1