Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

58 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/sources-saints-emerging-as-extremely-serious-contender-in-deshaun-watson-trade-market-no-trade-clause-gives-him-a-lot-of-leverage/

Ok... ish is getting interesting

"Saints general manager Mickey Loomis is determined to land Watson and is prepared to make aggressive, roster-shaking moves to pull this off," Wilson writes. A source predicted to Wilson that OT Ryan Ramczyk, DE Marcus Davenport, DT David Onyemata, and C Erik McCoy are potential add-ons along with the reported Texans asking price of three first-round picks. The Panthers have been the most aggressive team on Watson for some time now, but the Saints appear to be another strong entrant into the ring. 

I'm a fan simply for the fact that it's driving up the price. The Panthers have the higher draft picks and the younger/better players. Pretty much everyone listed is already on their second contract or about to be. Davenport is in the last year and about to get paid if he can stay healthy (big if). Ramczyk is one of the best RT in the game, but also comes with a big contract. Onyemata is turning 30 this year and a FA next season. McCoy is great, but is a free agent next offseason. It would feel like we'd be helping them by taking some expiring contracts off their hands more than anything. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

I'm a fan simply for the fact that it's driving up the price. The Panthers have the higher draft picks and the younger/better players. Pretty much everyone listed is already on their second contract or about to be. Davenport is in the last year and about to get paid if he can stay healthy (big if). Ramczyk is one of the best RT in the game, but also comes with a big contract. Onyemata is turning 30 this year and a FA next season. McCoy is great, but is a free agent next offseason. It would feel like we'd be helping them by taking some expiring contracts off their hands more than anything. 

Only players I would want from Saints (and would cause DW4 to not want to go there) are:

RB Josh Adams

G Cesar Ruiz

C Eric McCoy (soon to be free agent as noted)

DE Marcus Davenport (soon to be free agent as noted)

LB Pete Werner

Everyone else seems overpaid.

I am thinking Cesario is playing Saints off of Panthers to prevent Tepper from getting cold feet 

Edited by jch1911
Added Werner

On 3/12/2022 at 5:03 PM, ET80 said:

You and me both, man. You and me both. He was on a trajectory to become my favorite player of all time - ahead of Watt, AJ, Warren Moon. This entire experience makes me like football less, it’s just not fun anymore.

this was just making me think about how I watched all his major college games before he even took a snap in training camp for us…

Actually if I start thinking about it too much I start feeling really resentful… it’s better to just move on. Thank god baseball is back.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 5:08 PM, ET80 said:

I think every Texans fan needs to brace themselves for getting less than anticipated for Watson.

I’m going to go ahead and take the L on this statement. Watson is going to go for about what we expected.

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

What is “what we expected” exactly?

Six juicy assets - three FRPs, a day 2 pick, a few young/up and coming starters on rookie contracts.

Pretty much more than what Detroit/Seattle got for their QBs.

6 hours ago, tab said:

Actually if I start thinking about it too much I start feeling really resentful… it’s better to just move on. Thank god baseball is back.

I’m very resentful of everyone involved - Watson, McNair, Mugaletta, Easterby, Avery, Caserio - nobody is on my like list after the last 12+ months.

I love football, but I genuinely hate these people. There are no good guys on this one, only bad guys and incompetent bad guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lumberjackchris said:

What I heard from my buddy's scout friend is the Texans are having Deshaun meet with teams first before getting deep into trade discussions. Reason being is they don't want to agree to a deal just to have Deshaun say no. Much easier for him to say "I'm good going to these teams" and letting Nick negotiate with those teams on price. Love the fact that two NFC South teams are in on Deshaun which is ideal. The motivation to screw over a rival has to be a huge bonus on top of getting a top QB on the field. 

• Like 2