Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

12 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Does the new charge give them an out?  Released for cause as opposed to just cut?

I almost feel like Browns knew what was coming restructured his deal in anticipation (plus BumRubTugger wanted to secure as much current $$$ as possible) so they could get out of his deal with as few penalties as possible.

We shall see.

9 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Does the new charge give them an out?  Released for cause as opposed to just cut?

I almost feel like Browns knew what was coming restructured his deal in anticipation (plus BumRubTugger wanted to secure as much current $$$ as possible) so they could get out of his deal with as few penalties as possible.

We shall see.

I think he’s got to be convicted? I know he couldn’t get punished for the original cases levied against him when he was with us still

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 7:14 AM, jch1911 said:

I'm only operating from other non-verified sources, but the "out" just means they don't have to pay him the actual money in the guaranteed contract. The cap ramifications are theoretically between the Browns and NFL - much like how the Patriots had to eat Aaron Hernandez's cap hit after he was arrested, but didn't have to pay him a thing given he was a convicted felon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

THERE'S VIDEO!?

Oh snap... That's... Oh wow. 

Pertinent video... I am thinking Ring cam video of BumRubTugger "coming" (giggity) and going from the accuser's place.

If it is "worse" video, I am thinking he would have paid up by now.