2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

If you guys have a minute let me know the sheets you use and the ones you don't use let me know if there is anything we could do to improve them.

I would say in the unofficial one for sure all the later years after the current and maybe next aren't really needed. Other ones have their purpose and while i don't really use the draft board one and UFA target one i think if you have more of a war room type set-up they are really handy.

FA transaction workbook maybe removing some sheets after their deadlines have past(the tag and bidding on taggedplayers one for example) could work but that would add more work for you. I think having the bidding sheet earlier could be a good change.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Thoughts on having two sheets for UFA/Resign and Reserve bidding?  Do you like that they are separated or would you prefer to have it all in one sheet? 

would obviously be more scrolling down to view them all but we're doing that anyway.  Let me know what you think.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thoughts on having two sheets for UFA/Resign and Reserve bidding?  Do you like that they are separated or would you prefer to have it all in one sheet? 

I like them separate because they are two different entities. The amount of scrolling if they are in one wouldn't be ideal i think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

UFA scouting sheets or draft big board?  You guys use either of these?

I use them but I hate the functionality of them.  Not sure if it's because they are in the team roster wb or what exactly just not a fan but I feel like they could be better designed and I'd use them more.

I think part of it is the lack of ability to sort or move around easy. I use it, but if I want to change something it's difficult. It might need more freedoms for us to manipulate if that's possible. Still it helps remind me who I have been targeting. There are so many players it is easy to forget. 

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm good with separated if that's easy. 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

I would say in the unofficial one for sure all the later years after the current and maybe next aren't really needed. Other ones have their purpose and while i don't really use the draft board one and UFA target one i think if you have more of a war room type set-up they are really handy.

Okay...It would definitely cut down on the amount of linked formulas for sure.  Could even stop all of the glitching.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

FA transaction workbook maybe removing some sheets after their deadlines have past(the tag and bidding on tagged players one for example) could work but that would add more work for you. I think having the bidding sheet earlier could be a good change.

Removing or hiding would require more work, something I'm trying to avoid...haha.

Agreed on the arrangement of the sheets is in order...or I should say not in order.  @squire12 moved his sheets around, not sure if you all have that ability or not.  If so, I'll make a note in the navigation how to guide.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Is there things that you'd like to see in the workbook that isn't there?

For me it would be the ability to pull up other team roster sheets to view what players they have, to pull the ID - Name - Pos info as well as just to view for general knowledge of what other teams are adding or removing.

Okay...It would definitely cut down on the amount of linked formulas for sure.  Could even stop all of the glitching.

Removing or hiding would require more work, something I'm trying to avoid...haha.

Agreed on the arrangement of the sheets is in order...or I should say not in order.  @squire12 moved his sheets around, not sure if you all have that ability or not.  If so, I'll make a note in the navigation how to guide.

Looking at it it looks like i can change the order in the FA Transaction one and not in the unofficial one. 

Yeah i get that that means more work and really if they are further down it makes the problem less for sure.

12 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

UFA scouting sheets or draft big board?  You guys use either of these?

I use them but I hate the functionality of them.  Not sure if it's because they are in the team roster wb or what exactly just not a fan but I feel like they could be better designed and I'd use them more.

I use both of these as well. I use the scouting sheets to narrow down free agent targets. I would love to be able to have an additional column for priority so I can go through position by position and then sort but that is me being lazy.

If we could do away with having the unofficial rosters we might be able to drop the private workbooks down to just one book.  Would have to see how it handled the load of formulas and linked information, but it's possible it would work.

Depth chart would then feed off the official roster I take it? 

One way I also use the unofficial is to see what happens when I cut a player, specifically June 1st or not. I'm saying we would need to keep the unofficial over it, but something to think about in regards to replacing it. 

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

For me it would be the ability to pull up other team roster sheets to view what players they have, to pull the ID - Name - Pos info as well as just to view for general knowledge of what other teams are adding or removing.

Not something i feel would use much but maybe a sheet with just likes to the official roster of other teams to make it easy to jump to them instead of having to go to the league office or the PM.

Just now, mountainpd said:

I use both of these as well. I use the scouting sheets to narrow down free agent targets. I would love to be able to have an additional column for priority so I can go through position by position and then sort but that is me being lazy.

I think in general sorting is something that keeps me from using it.