Jump to content

2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Only 1 Eagles player went later irl they we took them in FFMD. Which was 6th round pick Kenny Yeboah 

I posted the comparisons in the ffmd discussion thread.  

Actually surprised he wasn't drafted.  

Looks like the Jets picked him up in UDFA.  Paid him pretty well too.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/02/new-york-jets-undrafted-free-agents-isaiah-dunn-kenny-yeboah-contracts/

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I still can't believe the Giants didn't draft an offensive lineman and the goon is lying about it.

 

The problem with this is he is so stubborn he may not trade for one after making this statement.

he would have been better off saying he didn’t like the value. The Two UDFA signings were not on my draft radar either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

The problem with this is he is so stubborn he may not trade for one after making this statement.

he would have been better off saying he didn’t like the value. The Two UDFA signings were not on my draft radar either. 

I'm just not a fan...Man could win back to back rings with this team and I still wouldn't be a fan.  

Someone from the media mentioned he has never traded down and this year he does it twice in the first two rounds and then traded up in the 3rd giving up the 5th we acquired.  Day 3 was tough watching all the value get snatched up in the late 4th and 5th rounds while he sat on his hands.  

He was so fixated on drafting a receiver in the first that he bypassed the offensive line talent that we could have used this year for draft capital next year.  If the line play doesn't work out I guess the new GM will have a lot of picks to work with, because if he still has a job if the current group of lineman doesn't work out, Mara would be a fool not to fire him.

Best thing he's done since being a Giant was sign Joe Judge.  Not even sure how much of a role he played in that but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  

Really hope that with all this talent on offense now that it isn't wasted because our QB is busy laying on his back or too busy running for his life to get them the ball.

 

Edited by ny92mike
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm just not a fan...Man could win back to back rings with this team and I still wouldn't be a fan.  

Someone from the media mentioned he has never traded down and this year he does it twice in the first two rounds and then traded up in the 3rd giving up the 5th we acquired.  Day 3 was tough watching all the value get snatched up in the late 4th and 5th rounds while he sat on his hands.  

He was so fixated on drafting a receiver in the first that he bypassed the offensive line talent that we could have used this year for draft capital next year.  If the line play doesn't work out I guess the new GM will have a lot of picks to work with, because if he still has a job if the current group of lineman doesn't work out, Mara would be a fool not to fire him.

Best thing he's done since being a Giant was sign Joe Judge.  Not even sure how much of a role he played in that but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  

Really hope that with all this talent on offense now that it isn't wasted because our QB is busy laying on his back or too busy running for his life to get them the ball.

 

Gonna be lots of moves both trades and releases in next couple of months he does need to be at table for Oline, it is quite clear even for the casual observer. I liked the trade down in first btw but position has been neglected so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Gonna be lots of moves both trades and releases in next couple of months he does need to be at table for Oline, it is quite clear even for the casual observer. I liked the trade down in first btw but position has been neglected so far.

True...I think Joe or Dave mentioned that yesterday, can't recall which one.  So there is still hope that they at least continue to address the line.  I get that the way things fell in this draft that if they didn't address it with pick 11 that it wasn't going to get addressed.  So I'm still holding out hope that the continue to build.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Which teams are we struggling to find GM for?   List them so I may follow the mentioned teams' season and newcraps for next mock.

List of teams from last year that we had a hard time finding team fans.

  • Atlanta Falcons
    • There are a few posters in the Falcons sub forum, but they lean more toward managing ffmd.
    • Perhaps @scar988 if you can talk him into it.
  • Carolina Panthers
    • @BringinDaPain has managed them in the past but he has disappeared again.
  • Dallas Cowboys
    • D82 has helped us out in the past, but he finds tcmd too complicating.
    • Maybe @JWingate, he didn't seen to have any issues with the workbooks on this last mock.
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Minnesota Vikings
    • Have struggled finding a member for a few years now.
  • Seattle Seahawks
    • @One Punch Man managed the team a couple years back.  Haven't heard from him.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can take the Cowboys next season too if needed. I enjoyed drafting (well, I might add) for them in Q&P. I still keep up to date with their goings on as I recently moved from there and still talk daily to friends there.

Edited by carrolljcmc
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

I can take the Cowboys next season too if needed. I enjoyed drafting (well, I might add) for them in Q&P. I still keep up to date with their goings on as I recently moved from there and still talk daily to friends there.

Thanks...Which team are you with now?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 1:16 AM, ny92mike said:

List of teams from last year that we had a hard time finding team fans.

  • Atlanta Falcons
    • There are a few posters in the Falcons sub forum, but they lean more toward managing ffmd.
    • Perhaps @scar988 if you can talk him into it.
  • Carolina Panthers
    • @BringinDaPain has managed them in the past but he has disappeared again.
  • Dallas Cowboys
    • D82 has helped us out in the past, but he finds tcmd too complicating.
    • Maybe @JWingate, he didn't seen to have any issues with the workbooks on this last mock.
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Minnesota Vikings
    • Have struggled finding a member for a few years now.
  • Seattle Seahawks
    • @One Punch Man managed the team a couple years back.  Haven't heard from him.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

 

Name has escaped me but this German dude has plan to run Saints next time? 

BDP has been MIA longer than me. umm.

 

I will plan to follow Vikings and Falcons. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...