2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

32 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I think I liked it better when Reserve Bids weren't shown...   just spitballing.

I think that adds another aspect in trying to determine if the checkmark is an active bid or reserve bid.

Again, I look at the checkmark as the agent leaking to media that the player is getting offers.

Just now, BringinDaPain said:

True, it is a good way to drive up a players price in the mock.

Correct.   The checkmark could help the player get more $$$

It also helps teams know if a player is highly sought after and they can shift to another target....and that player would be getting full/higher APY in that case.

Edited by squire12

22 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Could you group them so we could grade a teams transaction rather than individual?

I'll see if I can't do something like the waiver wire, where you look up the team transactions and enter a code in the form.  See if something like that works.

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I could also have it display what type of transaction it is in the UFA player list sheet.  resign, ufa or reserve if that helps in anyway.

Right now it just displays the Player ID number.

X nay on this...haha... doesn't help if there are more than one bid on that player.

19 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yeah.  The teams want cheaper contracts, the player wants max contracts. 

Would you feel the same if all your PS players/ future players got dumped into FA?  I’m having bidding wars on guys that should have been ERFA’s.  

Already lost DeAndre Baker,  Prince Tega had 3 teams bidding on him last I checked.   I’m basically resorted to using all my early round bids on my bottom line players,  or put reserved for 4x what they make IRL.  And check to see that no one is already bidding,  as if no one is I don’t want anyone to see them bid on and than go against me 

On 2/13/2021 at 5:27 PM, ny92mike said:

Requesting Feedback

As you guys are doing things within your private workbooks, I'd like for you guys to let me know how to improve the design of the sheets.  For example, in the UFA bidding sheet, I hate that I've got to scroll left to right to view the available cap.  Or that I have to change the drop down name in the reserve bidding sheet after each round of FA because the APY values have changed.

Any little thing that you would find helpful in navigating that we might be able to make better with this new build.  

Another example, is having the cap calculate the exact cost of the rookie pool rather than estimates, or including a sheet that can be altered to select different teams to view their current roster,  having this option would allow for setting up to see what a trade would do to your available cap. 

Let me know about the worksheets that you use, what you don't use as well.  The more information I have the better, and trust me nothing you suggest or the feedback you provide is going to insult me.  I value your opinions and need it to make improvements.   

So please help me help you make this a better mock.

Post this information in the Suggestion thread please just so it doesn't get lost and if you think about it tag me in the post.

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @mike23md @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @Matts4313 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @MaximusGluteus @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

Don't suppose we could discuss any of the above?  

Pulling teeth to get any feedback from you guys on future design options.  Really not sure why either.

3 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Would you feel the same if all your PS players/ future players got dumped into FA?  I’m having bidding wars on guys that should have been ERFA’s.  

Already lost DeAndre Baker,  Prince Tega had 3 teams bidding on him last I checked.   I’m basically resorted to using all my early round bids on my bottom line players,  or put reserved for 4x what they make IRL.  And check to see that no one is already bidding,  as if no one is I don’t want anyone to see them bid on and than go against me 

I get that is the situation with the timing of when the contract info got pulled.   

Are you saying ....aside from those players....you would still feel the same way?

5 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Man I'm really sorry about this.  I pulled the 2020 roster data too when it was available in OTC site and just have no clue how I screwed that up. 

After this bidding round, not that it helps now but I can see what I can do to get these players added to your roster.

If you get me a list and I'll see if I can't figure out where I put this previous data.  

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I get that is the situation with the timing of when the contract info got pulled.   

Are you saying ....aside from those players....you would still feel the same way?

Naa,  I wouldn’t have an issue with it showing if it was UFA.     Or vested players.  

I don’t really like losing PS Squad/Future guys to teams with boatloads of cap,  especially when I’m offering 3-4x what they’ll actually earn IRL.  

I get it.  Rosters needed loaded,  I’m just saying a blind reserve bid is how I planned on keeping them without using early round bids.  Now if I put a reserve. A day later I’m bidding against someone