Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

Decided to go ahead and open this up now, after getting several suggestions on various topics.

Please post any suggestions you have so that we have a central location to discuss these for future mocks.

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

Edited by ny92mike

I'll be redoing the expected contract lengths were the max for ufa bidding is either 5 to 6 years.

I'm thinking 6 years max  and allow 7 years for extensions if the player isn't too old.  For example Tom Brady wouldn't be signing a 7 year deal...well actually he would but no GM in their right mind would offer it.

12 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'll be redoing the expected contract lengths were the max for ufa bidding is either 5 to 6 years.

I'm thinking 6 years max  and allow 7 years for extensions if the player isn't too old.  For example Tom Brady wouldn't be signing a 7 year deal...well actually he would but no GM in their right mind would offer it.

I would vote 5, worked great that way in the past.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@squire12 thinks so too.  It'll likely be 5 will confirm later.

Current NFL contracts 

Mahomes 10 years

Tyron Smith 8 years

Mack, Donald, Von Miller, JJ Watt, Fletcher Cox, Zach Martin, Elliott, Jaylon Smith, Landon Collins each 6 years (9 players)

47 players with 5 year contracts 

11 total players with contracts 6 years or longer.  4 of them with Dallas

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Current NFL contracts 

Mahomes 10 years

Tyron Smith 8 years

Mack, Donald, Von Miller, JJ Watt, Fletcher Cox, Zach Martin, Elliott, Jaylon Smith, Landon Collins each 6 years (9 players)

Id also guess that these long term deals were extensions and not open market signings.  That said lets do the 5 yr max cl for open market bidding and extension type we will extend out to max 7.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:
1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Current NFL contracts 

Mahomes 10 years

Tyron Smith 8 years

Expand  

Id also guess that these long term deals were extensions and not open market signings.  That said lets do the 5 yr max cl for open market bidding and extension type we will extend out to max 7.

Yes on Mahomes, Smith, Donald, Miller, Watt, Cox, Martin, Elliott, Smith

Mack was traded and then signed to the long contract.  Collins I think was UFA

Suggestion: Prior to locking the initial TCMD rosters let the teams/GM review them for a couple of days and allow them to suggest amendments. OTC sometimes is a week behind especially at the back end of the rosters, PS are not covered at all.