2021 Draft Thread: Senior Bowl, Combine, Virtual Visits

Trentwannabe

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I guess that is one option to trade back but Samuel is a borderline 1st rd CB. I guess it depends on how the draft goes. Ideally I want Horn as he is a bigger bodied corner and Samuel is around Tre's height so to have ability to play corners based on the height of the WR would be something that can benefit especially in Man Coverage. 

I'm with you on Horn, but unfortunately corners are going to fly off the board starting at 10 I think with Surtain. A lot of teams need them in the 10-25 range. 

Our best options at CB unless we trade up (which I think most of us are against) are likely what's left of Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell, or Asante Samuel. Samuel's small stature scares me a little bit. Stokes would be my preferred option. 

I see Surtain, Horn, Farley and Newsome as gone before our pick, in that order. 

• 2 weeks later...

Harris was on Schefter's podcast he mentioned the Bills and Steelers as teams that showed him interest in Pro Day as well as Zoom meetings. I know I am biased towards wanting him, but I truly do think he is a guy the Bills are heavily looking at.

Also I know in the past we had visits of 30 prior to the draft do these Virtual Meetings have a cap like the 30 visits or is it as many as you want? Anyone have a running list of who we have actually met with via ZOOM outside of the Pro Days?

58 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Harris was on Schefter's podcast he mentioned the Bills and Steelers as teams that showed him interest in Pro Day as well as Zoom meetings. I know I am biased towards wanting him, but I truly do think he is a guy the Bills are heavily looking at.

Also I know in the past we had visits of 30 prior to the draft do these Virtual Meetings have a cap like the 30 visits or is it as many as you want? Anyone have a running list of who we have actually met with via ZOOM outside of the Pro Days?

If Harris gets past Pittsburgh I think he’s available at 30. Ryan Talbot on Twitter is usually on top of who the Bills have met with. 

Yesterday on wgr Sal was discussing the options of moving up or down from 30. He thinks the Bills have a few targets in mind that they’ll want to move up for. He said guys that can really make a difference this season will likely go before pick 22 (based on positions of need).

Not sure about trading up for him but Harris makes sense as a day 1 contributor. Beane was in Carolina when they took Stewart in the first round just two years after taking Williams in the first. Obviously he was there for drafting CMC as well. So he has a history. 

I wouldn't mind us taking Harris if he's there at 30. I think he's a more complete back than Etienne, and is a better pass catcher. I would hate it if we traded up for him though. RB is already a devalued position and trading up in the first round to draft a RB is terrible value in my opinion. I would much rather us trade up in the first round to grab an impact pass rusher.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:27 AM, Trentwannabe said:

If Harris gets past Pittsburgh I think he’s available at 30. Ryan Talbot on Twitter is usually on top of who the Bills have met with. 

Yesterday on wgr Sal was discussing the options of moving up or down from 30. He thinks the Bills have a few targets in mind that they’ll want to move up for. He said guys that can really make a difference this season will likely go before pick 22 (based on positions of need).

Not sure about trading up for him but Harris makes sense as a day 1 contributor. Beane was in Carolina when they took Stewart in the first round just two years after taking Williams in the first. Obviously he was there for drafting CMC as well. So he has a history. 

I would be kind of shocked that they go harris at pick 24 for the steelers. They just have so many needs that would be more important then an Rb right now. Not to mention they also have to figure out their future qb. With their Center retiring, their LT hitting FA and the loss of several key contributors on defense it would be kind of surprising that they did go a big back in the 1st round. I think the biggest concern of teams to go RB would be Miami as they have Malcolm Brown and Gaskin both who are #2s at best. They definitely can benefit from Etienne or Harris with their 2nd 1st rd pick if they elect to go RB early on.

I am not a fan of trading up as the bills have a limited amount of picks and they need to grab a few more contributors to be starters this year or at worst starters next year as we will be cap strapped with the extensions of Allen and Edmunds who will cost a chunk of change. I wouldn't mind trading down to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick if the guy isnt there at 30 but if the guy is there just pick him and add to it.

Think this is one of the top choices for pick 30. No way does he fall to 2nd rd and is projected to be pick 20-35. I think Beane has to know if this guy is there at 30 hes got to look his way. My knock on him is he is smaller then I want and will struggle against the big size wr. Would like to have the #2 corner with a bit more size as Tre is just under 6 feet and having 2 guys that short could be an issue.

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Think this is one of the top choices for pick 30. No way does he fall to 2nd rd and is projected to be pick 20-35. I think Beane has to know if this guy is there at 30 hes got to look his way. My knock on him is he is smaller then I want and will struggle against the big size wr. Would like to have the #2 corner with a bit more size as Tre is just under 6 feet and having 2 guys that short could be an issue.

I like his ability to play press. The size is worrisome but he seems to make up for it.

Id honestly be happy with any CB at 30 (Horn, Farley, Samuel Jr, Newsome)

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I like his ability to play press. The size is worrisome but he seems to make up for it.

Id honestly be happy with any CB at 30 (Horn, Farley, Samuel Jr, Newsome)

With Horn's proday and his size, hes physica,l he is going to be picked in the top 15-20 the latest. I think Farley may fall due to injury concerns but realistically the only CB I see being there when we select at 30 is Samuel Jr. I expect Surtain, Horn, Farley, and Newsome to go off the board in that order and all being taken in the top 25-27. Farley would have been the top Corner selected but with the back injury it is unknown whether they will go with him at the 1 pick at the position. Horn reminds me of Gilmore in the sense he was projected to be late 1st rd but moved up draft boards quickly once more stuff was coming out at the time. 

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

With Horn's proday and his size, hes physica,l he is going to be picked in the top 15-20 the latest. I think Farley may fall due to injury concerns but realistically the only CB I see being there when we select at 30 is Samuel Jr. I expect Surtain, Horn, Farley, and Newsome to go off the board in that order and all being taken in the top 25-27. Farley would have been the top Corner selected but with the back injury it is unknown whether they will go with him at the 1 pick at the position. Horn reminds me of Gilmore in the sense he was projected to be late 1st rd but moved up draft boards quickly once more stuff was coming out at the time. 

I agree, I would be surprised if any of those CB's outside of Samuel are there at 30. 

Right now I see the position breakdowns before pick 30 being this

5 QB's
5 CB's
1/2 RB's 
1 TE
4 WR's
4/5 OL
2 LB's
4/5 EDGE
1 Safety 
0/2 DT

Making my realistic shortlist as follows in no particular order:

OG Alijah Vera-Tucker
OC Creed Humphrey 
OL Landon Dickerson
DL Christian Baremore 
RB Najee Harris 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree, I would be surprised if any of those CB's outside of Samuel are there at 30. 

Right now I see the position breakdowns before pick 30 being this

5 QB's
5 CB's
1/2 RB's 
1 TE
4 WR's
4/5 OL
2 LB's
4/5 EDGE
1 Safety 
0/2 DT

Making my realistic shortlist as follows:

OC Creed Humphrey 
OL Landon Dickerson
DL Christian Baremore 
RB Najee Harris 

I would hate to go Baremore simply because we just went Oliver 2 drafts ago and with us giving up a 1st for diggs we essentially go back to back 1st rd draft picks on a 3 Tech DT. With Butler coming back to rotate with Oliver and usually we hold on to 4 DT I would hope to go with a 1 tech later down the draft to fill in for Star and be his long term replacement. HOpefully it is a guy like Tyler Shelvin to be the 1T guy to rotate with star in the 2nd/3rd rd. If they go with interior dline that is a 3t we could land a solid player like Wilson or Tufele in the 2/3rd rd but I am hoping they go for one in day 3 more so then day 1 or 2.

I expect to see 5 possibly 6 WR go in the first rd with how pass heavy this league is any type of talent to help those QBs out. Chase, Waddle, Smith, Toney, Moore and Bateman all could be argued for first rd. 

I do expect a run on OL wouldnt be surprised that 5 of them are off the board if not more by the time bills are on the clock. I just hope some desperate team in the mid to late 1st on a 6th qb.

Edited by soflbillsfan

13 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I would hate to go Baremore simply because we just went Oliver 2 drafts ago and with us giving up a 1st for diggs we essentially go back to back 1st rd draft picks on a 3 Tech DT. With Butler coming back to rotate with Oliver and usually we hold on to 4 DT I would hope to go with a 1 tech later down the draft to fill in for Star and be his long term replacement. HOpefully it is a guy like Tyler Shelvin to be the 1T guy to rotate with star in the 2nd/3rd rd. If they go with interior dline that is a 3t we could land a solid player like Wilson or Tufele in the 2/3rd rd but I am hoping they go for one in day 3 more so then day 1 or 2.

I expect to see 5 possibly 6 WR go in the first rd with how pass heavy this league is any type of talent to help those QBs out. Chase, Waddle, Smith, Toney, Moore and Bateman all could be argued for first rd. 

I do expect a run on OL wouldnt be surprised that 5 of them are off the board if not more by the time bills are on the clock. I just hope some desperate team in the mid to late 1st on a 6th qb.

Baremore could play 1T well as 3T very flexible player. Beane has a history in Carolina of taking several D lineman early.

I have Chase, Waddle, Smith, Marshall and Bateman going before pick 30. Think Toney will be considered too small and One dimensional to go in the first round.