2021 Draft Thread: Senior Bowl, Combine, Virtual Visits

Trentwannabe

On 3/27/2021 at 3:00 PM, Tk3 said:

how would you all feel about trading up for a Surtain or a Farley if they start falling into that ~15-20 range?

Unless something really unexpected happens, I just don't see myself loving anybody at 30. I know trading down feels like a great idea, but if we can get one of these top 10 worthy corners who are inevitably going to fall because of the runs on QB, WR, OL, it is something I would definitely be open to

No cause it would involve a future 1st rd or our 2nd rd to do it. We need to make smart moves because the more draft capital we spend the less holes we have to answer in the future. You have to think Allen, Diggs, and Edmunds will all be looking at new deals and all 3 are not going to be cheap. If we move up that is one less starter that could be on the squad that we are missing out on. We gave up a 1st rd pick and a 4th rd for Diggs in which cost us more then rookie money. Giving up multiple 1st to get surtain or farley would mean 1 rookie contract in the 1st rd in 3 drafts that is the opposite of what beane boasts about building through the draft. While it would be nice to land a top talented CB like those 2 I could see us landing just as good of one at pick 30 in Samuel or Horn. If that is the the route they elect to go. 

36 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not a great time for Williams.

This is worrisome. I really like Williams, except he doesn't really provide us with the missing ingredient we need in our backfield... speed.

Considering what it'll cost to take him, I don't see him on our board. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not a great time for Williams.

Dont think he would be a huge upgrade to what they have. I like him but not worth the 30th pick at this point. I was expecting him to be a bit faster but then again being 5'10 225 is kind of hard. I still think it comes down to Etienne/Harris as the only 2 options that would be immediate upgrades and workhorse for the running committee if they are going to go RB. Landing one of these 2 and being able to trade singletary for a day 3 pick would be a solid move imo but we shall see in a month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

yeah I agree - we don't need a 3rd round RB for the 3rd year in a row

I don't agree with the RB at 30 movement - but either go big for an upgrade or be content with what we have IMO

Yea if its not one of the top 2 guys I do not see the point of it. Even adding Breida I still do not think it will get the job done. I see it as this: Beane said at the end of the season presser we need to improve the run game. We re-signed our starting oline so he didnt view that as the issue. He did say he is comfortable with who he has, but lets be serious what Gm is going to show you their cards, heck even the jets are still saying Darnold is their guy. Anyways, if you look at what we did in 2020 the running attack ranked 20th that is including with Allen running the ball. If you take him running the ball out of the equation we only had 309 designed runs with our rbs at a total of 1,308 that puts us last in the league. I know some will say cause we were pass happy but at the same time you can view it as us passing more to make up for the lack of running game talent. In order to maintain our chances of beating KC we need to be more balanced and be able to run the ball more. Rb may not be as highly touted as it once was but the ability to have a good rb run the ball it allows us to have the ball for longer time of possession, allows us to get the better PA Pass going as teams werent biting on it in the playoffs as it did in the regular season, but it also allows allen to rest his arm too. Keep in mind we now have an extra game in the regular season that means another 30-40 offensive reps before the playoffs.  All in all I see Rb just as important at 30 as a pass rusher, CB2, and TE which one could be selected.

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I could get down with grabbing him at 30. Have him sub in for Klein on 2nd and 3rd downs. Him and Milano alternate taking turns covering the TE while the other either drops into zone or blitzes off of the edge. Woukld be a nice hybrid player kind of like Simmons/Chinn from this past draft or even a Telvin Smith.

2 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

I could get down with grabbing him at 30. Have him sub in for Klein on 2nd and 3rd downs. Him and Milano alternate taking turns covering the TE while the other either drops into zone or blitzes off of the edge. Woukld be a nice hybrid player kind of like Simmons/Chinn from this past draft or even a Telvin Smith.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

You think he is going to be there? I figured him being selected around the 15-20 range. 

this could be an option in the 2/3rd rd too

He would have to be someone the Bills trade up for IMO. A versatile chess piece for a defense who can do it all will be highly coveted.

19 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Some key pieces for the draft that might be targets:

Bills have met with FSU CB Asante Samuel Jr virtually

LSU LB Jabril Cox has hamstring issue will not participate in Pro Day

Asst GM Schoen was seen at Ohio St Pro day yesterday while Beane was at Alabama Pro Day

I’m really liking the idea of moving back and hopefully grabbing both Samuel and Dickerson in the 2nd 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’m really liking the idea of moving back and hopefully grabbing both Samuel and Dickerson in the 2nd 

I guess that is one option to trade back but Samuel is a borderline 1st rd CB. I guess it depends on how the draft goes. Ideally I want Horn as he is a bigger bodied corner and Samuel is around Tre's height so to have ability to play corners based on the height of the WR would be something that can benefit especially in Man Coverage.