Draft Prospects / Senior Bowl, Etc.

mwalker

D'Wayne Eskeridge is opening eyes.
Watch his (WMU) tape. He's not huge 5'9 190, but damn, he can flat out fly.
Great hands too.

T.Smith from Tennessee is a monster. A monster.

Still ove N.Harris.

H.Long is a 6'5 255 TE. With an 83" wingspan!

Looks bad K.Trask not working out. Know he said injury but...

OG D.Brown from Alabama is also a monster. Maybe a cookie monster at 364.

Watch CB R.Rochell. Shorter than listed, but a good player.

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Rochell looked bad in these drills.  Looked bad in zone.  Bad in press man.  Bad in off man

CB is really developmental this year. It’s why when looking at cuts/FA it’s imperative to keep Haden and Hilton/Sutton. 

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Rochell looked bad in these drills.  Looked bad in zone.  Bad in press man.  Bad in off man

First off, love these!!!!  Share as many as you can!!!  Gimme some OL/DL as well.

Keep in mind that these drills are offensive based, so there is something to that.

But dang.... Shi Smith and Cornell Powell are crisp route runners.  Palmer is a dang bully.

Shawn Davis/Mark Webb are more safties than CBs, but they are not looking good here.

Having done some drafts on TheDraftNetwork, I can say for the Steelers, get as many picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as possible.  If you need a starting Center, gets picked up no later than the 2nd round.  Starting OT?  not later than the 2nd round.  EDGE? See previous answers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Having done some drafts on TheDraftNetwork, I can say for the Steelers, get as many picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as possible.  If you need a starting Center, gets picked up no later than the 2nd round.  Starting OT?  not later than the 2nd round.  EDGE? See previous answers.

I know this idea is bandied about every year(and rightfully so, IMO) but trading back out of the end of the 1st is such a good idea. I think if a team has a top 15 pick, by all means make the pick. But teams from 15-32 should be looking to trade back. The value of a draft seems to be in the top of the first, and the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The 5th year option is the only thing that saves the late first round picks. I would love to trade back with the Dolphins.