The WFT TCMD Thread - "Oh look, we hired two more incompetent GMs - MikeT14 and MKnight82!"

MikeT14

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

KC gets:   pick 40 and pick 82 

Wash gets:  pick 31 and  pick 175  

We traded up and selected QB Mac Jones at 31.  @MikeT14 talked about it and we both thought a 5th year option was important for a QB so we wanted back into the 1st round.  Basically moved down from the 3rd to the 5th to make this deal.  

The value is there but I can't get on board with that.  I think we waste years of mediocrity with Mac Jones and I certainly wouldn't trade up for him even if I traded down first.  Rivera can't afford to swing and miss on a qb in the draft after sending Haskins out of here like he did. 

You better now sign elite WRs so he has elite weapons like he did in alabama.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

The value is there but I can't get on board with that.  I think we waste years of mediocrity with Mac Jones and I certainly wouldn't trade up for him even if I traded down first.  Rivera can't afford to swing and miss on a qb in the draft after sending Haskins out of here like he did. 

You better now sign elite WRs so he has elite weapons like he did in alabama.

We signed Corey Davis

11 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

I am going to watch the rest of the draft, but the Mac Jones pick was iffy. Alabama QB's don't fare well at the NFL level. 

I like what has been done so far with signings and other stuff. Mac Jones is quite the head scratcher tho. 

It's a risk. But this team is not going to the promised land with Heinicke or Allen. Lest we forget too, if Jones is a disaster in Year 1, we have TWO 1st round picks to play with next year now. 

57 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's a risk. But this team is not going to the promised land with Heinicke or Allen. Lest we forget too, if Jones is a disaster in Year 1, we have TWO 1st round picks to play with next year now. 

While that is true, you could have rolled with them for this season while getting talent elsewhere and seen what your option would be next year. Its another 1st round pick on a mediocre Alabama QB, let alone the pick in Dwayne Haskins etc...

I get your point, I am just saying, there were and are other options to make the team better as whole, than to say, we need a QB cause this year is our year, which its not. 

This is your show and its all good. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

While that is true, you could have rolled with them for this season while getting talent elsewhere and seen what your option would be next year. Its another 1st round pick on a mediocre Alabama QB, let alone the pick in Dwayne Haskins etc...

I get your point, I am just saying, there were and are other options to make the team better as whole, than to say, we need a QB cause this year is our year, which its not. 

This is your show and its all good. 

Trust me, I agree with your take. MKnight probably does even more as he didn't want Jones. That said, we have a window NOW, so using resources to figure out the next 4 years is crucial and I'm throwing a dart to see what sticks. I'd be okay to take lumps this year and get another year closer. But, if Mac is a good QB? We might be heavily competing with this roster in Year 2 of him. It was a risk worth considering, especially because I hated all the talent that got boosted before 19.

When you look at what we've done, the biggest eye sore is QB. We tried for Fields too. The ammo wasn't there to make it happen. 

I did not expect the move to be overly popular. Some will like it, some will hate it. C'est la vie. 

• Like 1

You guys are slaying it IMO. Jones is smart, accurate, and gets it out quick. I know of a few good older, successful QBs that do that too. 

If you're crapping on Alabama QBs, crap on Justin Fields too. 

And, as mentioned, if our QB situation is awful this year, there's two 1s there next year. Beautiful! 

Davis and "O" bring speed.

Great job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

You guys are slaying it IMO. Jones is smart, accurate, and gets it out quick. I know of a few good older, successful QBs that do that too. 

If you're crapping on Alabama QBs, crap on Justin Fields too. 

And, as mentioned, if our QB situation is awful this year, there's two 1s there next year. Beautiful! 

Davis and "O" bring speed.

Great job!

Oh believe me, Ohio State QB's are nothing to revel over either. When was the last time any one of them panned out? I mean, where have some of the QB's in this league come from? Wyoming? Texas Tech? Wisconsin? North Dakota State, Mississippi State, California, Boston College, Oklahoma, Washington State, Lousiville. Did any one of those colleges actually win a national championship? 

The only pro QB right now that actually won a championship I think was Deshaun Watson. 

But Alabama is probably the most recent of great college QB's but mediocre pro's.

36 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Oh believe me, Ohio State QB's are nothing to revel over either. When was the last time any one of them panned out? I mean, where have some of the QB's in this league come from? Wyoming? Texas Tech? Wisconsin? North Dakota State, Mississippi State, California, Boston College, Oklahoma, Washington State, Lousiville. Did any one of those colleges actually win a national championship? 

The only pro QB right now that actually won a championship I think was Deshaun Watson. 

But Alabama is probably the most recent of great college QB's but mediocre pro's.

Tua, Jalen (both arguably starters right now), Burrow, Cam Newton (but maybe not anymore), unless you're implying like a Top 10 QB?

• Like 2

With the 51st pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Washington Football Team selects 

Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss - D-0147

Moore will provide a great speed and slot presence for the team. It may be a little high in some eyes, but he'll produce for us in Scott Turner's offense. 

Moore-0x0_c.jpg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

With the 51st pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Washington Football Team selects 

Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss - D-0147

Moore will provide a great speed and slot presence for the team. It may be a little high in some eyes, but he'll produce for us in Scott Turner's offense. 

Moore-0x0_c.jpg

Big fan of this pick.

Screaming deal you guys pulled on that.  I think this could be a McClaurin type outcome.

Mac Jones now has all the weapons he needs.  

Love the Moore pick too...that’s absolutely what I’m eyeballing for the WR position this offseason, a bigger body in FA to play outside and a jet in Round 2/3 to play in the slot and do all the nifty agile gadget stuff.

Elijah is actually probably a more well-rounded receiver than Rondale and maybe even Toney. He’s got legitimate receiving chops in addition to the speed and short-area quickness and elusiveness, so he gives you a lot of upside. 

You guys are really nailing this, in my book. And I’m not even a Mac Jones fan, but the amount of talent you’ve put on the field should help his chances of success. The amount of speed you could put on the field with McLaurin, Davis, Gibson, Moore, and Okwuegbunam is silly. Then add in guys like Logan Thomas and JD McKissic to be valuable/reliable role players in the offense, and you couldn’t ask for too much more. That you’ve done all you’ve done with an extra 2022 1st in your pocket is just really great work.

• Like 2