The WFT TCMD Thread - "Oh look, we hired two more incompetent GMs - MikeT14 and MKnight82!"

MikeT14

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oh and great job so far guys. A few quibbles here and there, but I generally can't disagree with the direction you're going. Keep it up!

Thank you! I'd love to hear them specifically too! It makes for good debate so I can tell you your wrong. Or it might give @MKnight82 the ammo to say to me "told you so dumbass" 

One of the biggest issues is the lack of a combine this year. No combine really doesn't allow for the individual pedigree of a player to shine. While tape is primarily the best evaluation, having players in a more relaxed environment can bring out traits that you wouldn't normally see. While that is not all of it, it is a small but relevant portion of the scouting process. 

With that, this year, the aggregate of big boards across the spectrum are all over the place. There is no real consensus after pick 5 and on. 3 of those picks being a QB and 1 an OT. The other might be a WR. 

This 2021 class is limited on offensive lineman, edge rushers, and defensive lineman and S. 

It's loaded with WR's, CB's, and LB's. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

Well I would love to hear the rationale on Elijah Ford. Another Smurf WR. 

Well we have some size guys in Davis, Cam Sims and Thomas. Moore is a better Steven Sims and can replace him immediately imo.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

One of the biggest issues is the lack of a combine this year. No combine really doesn't allow for the individual pedigree of a player to shine. While tape is primarily the best evaluation, having players in a more relaxed environment can bring out traits that you wouldn't normally see. While that is not all of it, it is a small but relevant portion of the scouting process. 

With that, this year, the aggregate of big boards across the spectrum are all over the place. There is no real consensus after pick 5 and on. 3 of those picks being a QB and 1 an OT. The other might be a WR. 

This 2021 class is limited on offensive lineman, edge rushers, and defensive lineman and S. 

It's loaded with WR's, CB's, and LB's. 

I still think it’s ridiculous that there isn’t a combine. I mean what’s the difference in testing these prospects like we did the players this season........

especially when it’s non contact drills.....

• Like 1

Hotep WFT Fans, just wanted to check in. I wanted to get the Pulse of the Fans in here....my best friend and long time WFT fan, asked me to compile a quick offseason and draft for him, to give him a frame of reference. He gave me a few constraints, in the first round of FA 1 big FA and one Mod sized FA. No drastic moves for a QB, and for simplicity stick to the draft picks the Skins currently have....I wanted to see what you guys think. (Not trying to hijack the thread, just didnt think this question needed its own topic)

Initial free agent moves

Big FA: Resign Brandon Sherrif (I decided to use the big free agent to retain home drafted or developed talent, which I am a big fan of)

Moderate side Free agent: WR Cory Davis (Tenn)- Bringing him in to be the compliment across from T.MaC.

NFL Draft:

1rst Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205

2nd Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
Height: 6-6. Weight: 322

3rd Dillon Radunz, OT/OG, North Dakota State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 304

3rd Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
Height: 6-0. Weight: 203

4th Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207

5th Paddy Fisher, ILB, Northwestern
Height: 6-4. Weight: 241

7th Zaire Mitchell, TE, Notre Dame (OH)
Height: 6-7. Weight: 250

7th Trae Barry, TE, Jacksonville State
Height: 6-7. Weight: 235

*Raiders Cut Marriotta after the draft...WFT signs him.

What do you guys think?

Edited by DaWg_LB.

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Hotep WFT Fans, just wanted to check in. I wanted to get the Pulse of the Fans in here....my best friend and long time WFT fan, asked me to compile a quick offseason and draft for him, to give him a frame of reference. He gave me a few constraints, in the first round of FA 1 big FA and one Mod sized FA. No drastic moves for a QB, and for simplicity stick to the draft picks the Skins currently have....I wanted to see what you guys think. (Not trying to hijack the thread, just didnt think this question needed its own topic)

Initial free agent moves

Big FA: Resign Brandon Sherrif (I decided to use the big free agent to retain home drafted or developed talent, which I am a big fan of)

Moderate side Free agent: WR Cory Davis (Tenn)- Bringing him in to be the compliment across from T.MaC.

NFL Draft:

1rst Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205

2nd Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
Height: 6-6. Weight: 322

3rd Dillon Radunz, OT/OG, North Dakota State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 304

3rd Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
Height: 6-0. Weight: 203

4th Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207

5th Paddy Fisher, ILB, Northwestern
Height: 6-4. Weight: 241

7th Zaire Mitchell, TE, Notre Dame (OH)
Height: 6-7. Weight: 250

7th Trae Barry, TE, Jacksonville State
Height: 6-7. Weight: 235

*Raiders Cut Marriotta after the draft...WFT signs him.

What do you guys think?

Not too bad for someone who isn’t a skins fan, I think the horn pick in round 1 all depends on if you plan on Darby being back. If Darby is back then I think we pass on a corner in round 1

im cool with the Davis pickup in FA as long as it’s not too big of a contract

i like the Leatherwood pick and Im unsure about the Radunz pick bc you have Scherrf coming back, we still have Lucas and Moses at OT and now Leatherwood. And at guard we have Scherrf coming back as well as Schweitzer and sadique charles who was our 4th round pick that is an OT/OG, I’m not hating on the pick by any means but we could probably upgrade at a position of more need there.

im good with picks 3(B)-5 maybe not the players but The positions yes

i don’t quite get two TEs in the 7th, maybe take one where you picked Radunz and have a chance at Brevin Jordan or Hunter Long if they are there.

I would look to add a WR somewhere in there whether it’s 2nd or 3rd round depending how the board looks

overall it’s not too bad. Good job bud!

With the 175th pick (5th round Pick 31) - Washington selects Khyiris Tonga - DT - BYU

khyiris-tonga-byu-warming-up.png

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/khyiris-tonga/zk8GpsAMCn 

Khyiris Tonga aligned as an interior defensive lineman for the BYU defense—they will align sometimes in an odd front, where Tonga will align as the 0-tech. He excels as a run defender. When he plays with good pad level, he is extremely difficult to single block. He needs to become more consistent at disengaging quickly, but he does show the ability to get to the football. He is a player that would be described as “stronger than he is explosive” based on his movement skills. He uses a good bull rush to get home and uses his length to knock down passes when he cannot. 

Ideal Role: Backup IDL.

Scheme Fit: 4-3 NT/DT.

• Like 1