Reuban Foster

Ronald Darby

Kevin Pierre-Lewis

Heinicke

Allen

Retire

Alex Smith

Trade 1 

Johnathen Allen and a 5th traded to Denver for WR Courtland Sutton.

why?

as a team Washington has so much invested and so much depth in the Dline. The team needs to prioritize who will be the ones needing a long term deal and out of the big 4 I think as much of a leader Allen is that he isn’t worth more playing wise than Payne, Young, and Sweat

Sutton tore his ACL in week 2 but he put up great numbers the season before. Denver doesn’t have much on the DL and with Jeudy, Hamilton, and Hamler on the roster they have depth at WR to make Sutton for Allen possible. Both are in the last years of their deals

Washington gets a good receiver on the last year of a cheap contract, if he has a good season they can choose what to do with his next contract

Trade 2

Landon Collins to the Browns for David Njokue

this trade is basically to give us a number 2 TE and to dump Landon Collins. 

With the browns having Hooper and Bryant they don’t have any playing time for Njokue. And with there starting SS being Andrew Sendejo who is 33 they could be looking for a young replacement 

Free Agency

Dak Prescott QB- like I said this is the go all in mock. I believe Dallas Franchises him but if not I think we jump on him and he will decide to come here. What better feeling than to play the team that didn’t think you were worth the deal you asked for.

Curtis Samuel WR- I know we added Sutton but Samuel, Sutton, and Terry in a 3 WR set will be dirty in Turners Air Corall offense. Also I think Samuel can be had for under 10 mill a year and also I think he can be had on a 3 year deal bc of his age (25) it could allow him to hit the market again and cash in

Malik Hooker FS- I’ve had him in mocks before but a prove it deal for him, he’s 25 and has talent but hasn’t been able to stay healthy. 1 year

Jayon Brown WLB- 25 years old arguably one of the best LBs between talent and age in FA, he can come in and play WLB immediately and improve our D

DRAFT

trade- Baltimore trades their 1st and 2nd round pick to move up to 19 to select Jaylen Waddle to give Lamar more weapons at WR

1. Alex Leatherwood OT/G Alabama- even though Lucas played well at LT and even though we have Charles I think Leatherwood is the answer long term to LT, allowing Charles to be a primary backup that can play both tackle and guard. He could take over for Moses in the future

2. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford- we could use more depth at corner even with Darby back, I think Moreau walks this year and Adebo is solid

2* Dylan Moses MLB- he’s not the superstar he was the season before but he’s still a beast and can be the guy we have been looking for in the middle to take over for Bostic

3 Javonte Williams’s RB UNC- this is a guy I’m excited about, I feel having him and Gibson as a 1- 2 punch and rested will be a terror for defenses!

3 Paris Ford FS Pitt- I know many of you love him and I’ve mocked him many times but he will be a star at FS, slide him behind Hooker and when he gets his shot he will shine

4. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame- this pick gives us more Oline depth and potential in the future, I could see him taking over for Schweitzer when the time comes

7.  Malcom Koonce Edge Buffalo- we need depth at the position

UDFA Jose Borregales K 

Depth

QB Prescott/Allen/Heinicke

RB Gibson/Williams/Mckissic/Barber

WR Mclaurin/Sutton/Samuel/Harmon/Sims/AGG

TE Thomas/Njokue/Moss

LT Leatherwood/Christian

LG Schweitzer/Charles

OC Roullier/Ismail

RG Scherrf/Banks

RT Moses/Lucas

DE Young/Smith-Williams

DT Payne/Brantley

DT Ioannidis/Settle

DE Sweat/Koonce

WLB Brown/KPL/Hudson

MLB Moses/Bostic

SLB Holcomb/Foster

CB Fuller/Darby/Adebo/Moreland/Stroman

FS Hooker/Ford

SS Curl/Everette/Reeves

K Borregales

P Way

DISCLAIMER* 

this isn’t what I think will happen at all but I do think this makes us a top team in the NFL with a top offense and defense!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Resign

Brandon Scherrf

Reuban Foster

Ronald Darby

Kevin Pierre-Lewis

Heinicke

Allen

These are all fine.

Retire

Alex Smith

I'm not sure he is. I think we have to cut him.

Trade 1 

Johnathen Allen and a 5th traded to Denver for WR Courtland Sutton.

why?

as a team Washington has so much invested and so much depth in the Dline. The team needs to prioritize who will be the ones needing a long term deal and out of the big 4 I think as much of a leader Allen is that he isn’t worth more playing wise than Payne, Young, and Sweat

Sutton tore his ACL in week 2 but he put up great numbers the season before. Denver doesn’t have much on the DL and with Jeudy, Hamilton, and Hamler on the roster they have depth at WR to make Sutton for Allen possible. Both are in the last years of their deals

Washington gets a good receiver on the last year of a cheap contract, if he has a good season they can choose what to do with his next contract

Not a fan of this trade. I feel like Allen is severely undervalued in this trade. Not sure Courtland and a 5th from them is enough. 

Trade 2

Landon Collins to the Browns for David Njokue

this trade is basically to give us a number 2 TE and to dump Landon Collins. 

I suppose, but not sure they'd do it because of the contract. 

With the browns having Hooper and Bryant they don’t have any playing time for Njokue. And with there starting SS being Andrew Sendejo who is 33 they could be looking for a young replacement 

Free Agency

Dak Prescott QB- like I said this is the go all in mock. I believe Dallas Franchises him but if not I think we jump on him and he will decide to come here. What better feeling than to play the team that didn’t think you were worth the deal you asked for.

If you can do it, I guess, but I don't think it's feasible. 

Curtis Samuel WR- I know we added Sutton but Samuel, Sutton, and Terry in a 3 WR set will be dirty in Turners Air Corall offense. Also I think Samuel can be had for under 10 mill a year and also I think he can be had on a 3 year deal bc of his age (25) it could allow him to hit the market again and cash in

Everyone is big on him, but I feel like he didn't have his breakout until after Rivera left. 

Malik Hooker FS- I’ve had him in mocks before but a prove it deal for him, he’s 25 and has talent but hasn’t been able to stay healthy. 1 year

I'm in on this too. 

Jayon Brown WLB- 25 years old arguably one of the best LBs between talent and age in FA, he can come in and play WLB immediately and improve our D

Big fan of this. 

DRAFT

trade- Baltimore trades their 1st and 2nd round pick to move up to 19 to select Jaylen Waddle to give Lamar more weapons at WR

1. Alex Leatherwood OT/G Alabama- even though Lucas played well at LT and even though we have Charles I think Leatherwood is the answer long term to LT, allowing Charles to be a primary backup that can play both tackle and guard. He could take over for Moses in the future

This could work if you think he can play LT. 

2. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford- we could use more depth at corner even with Darby back, I think Moreau walks this year and Adebo is solid

2* Dylan Moses MLB- he’s not the superstar he was the season before but he’s still a beast and can be the guy we have been looking for in the middle to take over for Bostic

I like replacing Bostic. 

3 Javonte Williams’s RB UNC- this is a guy I’m excited about, I feel having him and Gibson as a 1- 2 punch and rested will be a terror for defenses!

3 Paris Ford FS Pitt- I know many of you love him and I’ve mocked him many times but he will be a star at FS, slide him behind Hooker and when he gets his shot he will shine

Ford is good. 

4. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame- this pick gives us more Oline depth and potential in the future, I could see him taking over for Schweitzer when the time comes

7.  Malcom Koonce Edge Buffalo- we need depth at the position

UDFA Jose Borregales K 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I know it seems like an obvious connection but I thought he got benched to oblivion by Rivera and Turner?

They tried to use him in the absolutely wrong way last season, and it went terribly. They had him running a lot of deep routes, being targeted way down the field, and that just isn’t his game. He’s not an X or a Z, he needs to be used the way they used him this season against us: in the slot, in the backfield, screens, slants, shallow crossers, end arounds, jet sweeps, and then mixing in the occasional deep route when the defense is keying in on him around the LOS. 

I’d be a little surprised if he wanted to come here — or if they’d want him — based on their mutual failures in 2019. And I’m good with that, as I think we don’t need to pay big FA money for a slot/gadget player. He’s darn good at it, but there are other guys who can fill that role for significantly less.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

They tried to use him in the absolutely wrong way last season, and it went terribly. They had him running a lot of deep routes, being targeted way down the field, and that just isn’t his game. He’s not an X or a Z, he needs to be used the way they used him this season against us: in the slot, in the backfield, screens, slants, shallow crossers, end arounds, jet sweeps, and then mixing in the occasional deep route when the defense is keying in on him around the LOS. 

I’d be a little surprised if he wanted to come here — or if they’d want him — based on their mutual failures in 2019. And I’m good with that, as I think we don’t need to pay big FA money for a slot/gadget player. He’s darn good at it, but there are other guys who can fill that role for significantly less.

For me, I think the appeal of Samuel is that he is a low risk signing. You know what you are getting with Samuel and he already knows the playbook and the Ron Rivera culture. Perhaps with Terry here, they will play Samuel in the slot. Other guys will come with a learning curve and a risk they might bust here if they are a draft pick. It should speak volumes about Samuel whether they go after him or not considering our need at WR and cap space.

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think Norv was the one he had a falling out with.  Scott brought him back into the game plan and that's where he referenced this past off-season that he stopped scheming for the offense, and scheming towards the players.  

I would say that there is a good chance at a reunion.  

3 hours ago, taylor made said:

For me, I think the appeal of Samuel is that he is a low risk signing. You know what you are getting with Samuel and he already knows the playbook and the Ron Rivera culture. Perhaps with Terry here, they will play Samuel in the slot. Other guys will come with a learning curve and a risk they might bust here if they are a draft pick. It should speak volumes about Samuel whether they go after him or not considering our need at WR and cap space.

One of the reasons why I like the idea of drafting a slot player is because I think there’s a lot less chance of a bust at that position than many others. It’s not impossible of course, but the reality is that as long as their speed, elusiveness, and short-area quickness translate (and they can catch the ball), they’re going to at least be competent in that limited role. 

There’s much more risk in drafting an outside receiver, who needs a much wider array of skills: good releases, more diverse routes, more iroute strength, more contested catch skills, etc. They tend to have to be bigger and stronger guys, and it’s often much tougher to identify which of them will be able to separate at the NFL level.  

That’s why I prefer the idea of signing an outside receiver who has proven he can play at the NFL level and drafting a slot weapon in the 2nd/3rd. It’ll be a bit costlier, money-wise, but I think it has a much higher likelihood of ending up with a great trio of receivers.

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think Norv was the one he had a falling out with.  Scott brought him back into the game plan and that's where he referenced this past off-season that he stopped scheming for the offense, and scheming towards the players.  

I would say that there is a good chance at a reunion.  

Could well be. Knowing them, the prices for the good FA outside receivers like Robinson, Golladay, Davis, etc. will be too rich for their blood, and they’ll want to pivot to signing a lesser player for a price they aren’t uncomfortable with. 

It’s not like it’ll be a terrible signing or anything if they do. I just think they could manage the receiver position much more strategically than that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

One of the reasons why I like the idea of drafting a slot player is because I think there’s a lot less chance of a bust at that position than many others. It’s not impossible of course, but the reality is that as long as their speed, elusiveness, and short-area quickness translate (and they can catch the ball), they’re going to at least be competent in that limited role. 

There’s much more risk in drafting an outside receiver, who needs a much wider array of skills: good releases, more diverse routes, more iroute strength, more contested catch skills, etc. They tend to have to be bigger and stronger guys, and it’s often much tougher to identify which of them will be able to separate at the NFL level. 

I'm not sure that's entirely true. From what I've gathered WR along with CB is one of the more riskier positions to draft.

I'll try to find players under 6 foot and under 200 pounds as a cutoff generally. We could add some guys that play out of the slot at bigger sizes like Tyler Boyd or Juju but I think that's more of a gray area and less looking for the smallish slot receiver archetype that we are trying to analyze.

1st round small WRs to under-perform their draft spots: Tavon Austin, Kendall Wright, Mark Clayton (Ravens), Corey Coleman, Philip Dorsett, Freddie Mitchell, John Ross

2nd round small WRs to under-perform their draft spots: Ryan Broyles, Donnie Avery, Steve Smith (Giants), Sinorice Moss

VS

1st round small WRs to over-perform their draft spot: Santonio Holmes, Lee Evans, DJ Moore, Odell Beckham, Jr. , Brandin Cooks, Percy Harvin

2nd round small WRs to over-perform their draft spot: Jarvis Landry, Sterling Shepherd, Curtis Samuel (He Should), Devery Henderson

Then there's some guys like Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, James Washington, Andy Isabella who I think its too early to tell

That's just two rounds and it seems like a tossup to me on whether you get a slot WR that pans out. Also, its not a lot of examples but I covered around 15 years.  It could change later in the third and fourth rounds.

Edited by taylor made
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I know it seems like an obvious connection but I thought he got benched to oblivion by Rivera and Turner?

Scott Turner was barely the offensive coordinator in Carolina. 

The only season that I see Samuel didn’t have a huge impact was a rookie in 2017, so I’m not sure that’s true.