How do you think your teams all time best offense matches up with their all time defense?

CP3MVP

9 hours ago, Letsch80 said:

Not 100% sure about that. As good as they defense was they never had to face an extremely fast option offense with an athlete like Lamar. I think that offense could catch them off guard with their speed. Fun to think about.

I don't think so.. Lewis, Scott, Boulware and Reed.. one of those guys would have destroyed him.. they don't make defenses like that anymore. 

Especially if they played with the rules from then... Lamar would be toast 

On 5/6/2021 at 3:18 PM, Letsch80 said:

Man this one is juicy!! 2019 Ravens offense vs 2000 Ravens defense!! That historic run game vs that historic rush defense would have been something to see..

Man... what an incredible “unstoppable force meets immovable object” scenario

12 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I don't think so.. Lewis, Scott, Boulware and Reed.. one of those guys would have destroyed him.. they don't make defenses like that anymore. 

Especially if they played with the rules from then... Lamar would be toast 

Scott and Reed weren’t on that team. Jamie Sharper was likely a better player than Scott though. And Rod Woodson at FS was no slouch either. 

3 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Scott and Reed weren’t on that team. Jamie Sharper was likely a better player than Scott though. And Rod Woodson at FS was no slouch either. 

oh.. I was combining all of the Ravens great players on D I guess... I would still take the defense though 

This would be a good matchup for the Falcons on one hand you have the defense with the lowest scoring total allowed ever in the 77 Gritz Blitz with an all out pass rush attack.  9.2 PPG allowed,  231.6 YPG allowed, 3.7 net yards per play, and 3.4 turnovers per game Vs the 2016 Superbowl team that is in the top 10 all time in most points per game  Ryan won mvp that year with almost 5k yards 38 td's and 7 int's   and the running game was potent as well with Freeman going for 1500 total yards and 4.8 YPC.