FF Big Brother 9: Swoosh wins!!

Malfatron

10 minutes ago, jasonwbantle said:

It’s luck when we can’t read our players emotions or read them. And the order is definitely luck. But oh well.

The signs were there for swoosh to hide the poisoner by gophers cup (see below)

On 3/31/2021 at 7:21 PM, Malfatron said:

oh boy...drama in the house!!

Screenshot-20210331-192017-Chrome.jpg

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

But i will concede that most of the pure skill games are in the Survivor/Amazing Race forum games.

Not the Big Brother forum game. I generally enjoy the WIFOM type games the most, or games with a mix of skill/chance. There are some pure skill games mixed in as well of course.

Edited by Malfatron

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

But i will concede that most of the pure skill games are in the Survivor/Amazing Race forum games.

Not the Big Brother forum game. I generally enjoy the WIFOM type games the most, or games with a mix of skill/chance. There are some pure skill games mixed in as well of course.

I don’t know what WIFOM means.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know what WIFOM means.

Wine in Front of Me

Basically, its like trying to outthink what your opponent is going to do. I stole the below from a wiki, but its a good example

In situations such as the Princess Bride scenario mentioned above, one often may try to use what he knows of his opponent to make a better choice. However, in some cases this leads to recursive reasoning: "But that's just what he wants me to think, so I'll do the opposite. But maybe that's what he wants me to think, so I'll not do the opposite. But maybe that's what he wants me to think..."

A life example

A large business is attempting to drive a smaller competitor out of the market. The smaller business must begin production on one of two products: The Smidge, which will bring in $1 million worth of income, or the Widget, which will bring in $2 million worth of income. If they select a different product than the large business, they will gain enough money to compete directly with the larger business. If they select the same product, they will be run out of business.
What product should each company manufacture?

Also, I still maintain the dice roll games have more skill than some are willing to admit.  I really don’t want to get into it again, but the skill is in knowing that the dice rolls are built on an algorithm that is not perfect.  You have to know and respond to the frequency with which Discord and/or [spam] roll.

It’s why I’ve finished top 3-ish for all of the dice roll type games.

You also have to know which builds typically last the longest in the monster/battle bots games.

I will not be revealing my secrets there because I’m still in the game, but it very much is more skill/knowledge of how those algorithms work rather than all luck.

Also, when you do all skill games, you’re opening yourself up to controversy.  Because a rake is not a cleaning device.  It’s a maintenance/lawn care device, but nobody in the world I’ve lived in says, “Well I’m out to clean the yard.”

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Because a rake is not a cleaning device.  It’s a maintenance/lawn care device, but nobody in the world I’ve lived in says, “Well I’m out to clean the yard.”

Go straight to hell.

• Like 1