Aaron Rodgers Broken Collarbone - potentially out for season

Cakeshoppe

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

was calling for the

1) zone read

2) screen to Jones

3) throws to cobb

But Mac just didn't listen.  I doubt mac will run zone read since we have no backup qb.

You underestimate the power and ability of Joe Callahan

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Probably no practice time with the ZR yet for today. But I agree on the last. I'm thinking he'll be worried about the backup part. We tried to throw some screens and they all failed.

Don't think the ZR is in the playbook with #12.   Or at least not a big staple and certainly not vs MIN on the road.  

MIN defense from what I saw in the 4th Q was buzzing.  OL beat up and they could really play full speed down hill.  Pretty much did not have to respect the deep stuff and there was no time for that to develop.  

Lets see what a week of planning and prep can do.  Follow that with a bye and then a better assessment of the Hundley potential will be possible.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Probably no practice time with the ZR yet for today. But I agree on the last. I'm thinking he'll be worried about the backup part. We tried to throw some screens and they all failed.

yep, jones got tackled on one of them (before the pass i mean)

I would LOVE for us to just copy the Chefs playbook with Hundley.

Run a ton of misdirection with Janis/Trevor Davis/Cobb in the Tyreek hill role, run a lot of aaron jones and Ty montgomery and randall Cobb in the backfield with a triple option look to the backs.

So you have 2 backs, 2 outside guys in Jordy/Adams, and the crossing jet sweep guy.  Then you start mixing in the TEs for additional blockers and removing backs/WRs... and yeah, you waste our talent at WR probably.  May as well sign Kap if you want to do that, but maybe we could somehow get taysom hill back and run a 2 QB offense?

So....lets be overly optimistic and say Hundley is able to perform at a Trevor Sieman like level in the first 2-3 games.   Game manager and gets the ball into the playmakers hands.  

The D gets healthy and GB is able to manage to win 6 games and makes the playoffs.  Moving forward, would you try to move Hundley or would you go the route and keep him and consider moving Rodgers after his deal runs out?   Getting Hundley on a cheap extension after his rookie deal frees up a lot of cap for a build of other areas of the team.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So....lets be overly optimistic and say Hundley is able to perform at a Trevor Sieman like level in the first 2-3 games.   Game manager and gets the ball into the playmakers hands.  

The D gets healthy and GB is able to manage to win 6 games and makes the playoffs.  Moving forward, would you try to move Hundley or would you go the route and keep him and consider moving Rodgers after his deal runs out?   Getting Hundley on a cheap extension after his rookie deal frees up a lot of cap for a build of other areas of the team.

If he plays well I'd assume he prices himself out of here.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Don't think the ZR is in the playbook with #12

ZR is most definitely in the playbook.  It's happened on a few 3rd down conversions where rodgers pulled it last week EDIT YEAR, not week.  And we have a lot of shotgun RPO which could be easily modified to zone read plays.

This playbook is full of plays designed to leverage Rodgers' mobility.  Those NEED to be called when hundley is on the field.  I'm not sure why that wasn't obvious to Mac.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I would LOVE for us to just copy the Chefs playbook with Hundley.

Run a ton of misdirection with Janis/Trevor Davis/Cobb in the Tyreek hill role, run a lot of aaron jones and Ty montgomery and randall Cobb in the backfield with a triple option look to the backs.

So you have 2 backs, 2 outside guys in Jordy/Adams, and the crossing jet sweep guy.  Then you start mixing in the TEs for additional blockers and removing backs/WRs... and yeah, you waste our talent at WR probably.  May as well sign Kap if you want to do that, but maybe we could somehow get taysom hill back and run a 2 QB offense?

I too would like to see that, but I just do not see MM and the offensive staff moving far off their base packages of stuff.  

Maybe the bye week allows them to install some of those concepts into a game plan, but I am not holding my breath.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

If he is on the level of Siemian, this isn't really a question. If he's more like a non-weird Russell Wilson, than I might consider it for a second or something. :)

Just now, squire12 said:

I too would like to see that, but I just do not see MM and the offensive staff moving far off their base packages of stuff.  

Maybe the bye week allows them to install some of those concepts into a game plan, but I am not holding my breath.

IDK. I get the feeling he might try some other stuff with Brett. Why not? I sort of understood it with Aaron but not with his backup. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

If he is on the level of Siemian, this isn't really a question. If he's more like a non-weird Russell Wilson, than I might consider it for a second or something. :)

Just seems like having Hundley as a back up option for 2018 and potentially beyond might be worth it to keep him.   If Hundley shows really well, then moving him for a high pick makes sense also.  

TT has shown the willingness to move on from a HOF QB before.  Granted that was a different circumstance of retirement waffling and such.  Just an interesting thing to consider when the concept of finding that next QB is hard, if you already have him, can you move on from him?

2 minutes ago, DocHambone said:

After this season Rodgers has 3 years (maybe 4) left that you can count on for championship contending football. Hundley doesnt factor into that timeline. The hope is he plays well enough to get them return value. 

If Hundley leads GB to a 6-4 record, not sure how that would not be considered championship contending football.  Another 10+ years vs 3-4 could make for a hard decision 

Jones is a great back for the zone read.  Ty I don't trust at all.  IMO time to bust out mays and see what he has.

NO is a decently stout run defense, so we will need to pass at some point, but I'd like to see some bigger personnel packages with multiple TEs/RBs and bootlegs, misdirection, and play action designed reads.

NO is especially weak at defending deeper passes, which actually means like 20 yarders, not 35+ yard bombs.

Just now, squire12 said:

If Hundley leads GB to a 6-4 record, not sure how that would not be considered championship contending football.  Another 10+ years vs 3-4 could make for a hard decision 

The caveat being the GOAT (12) who currently plays for GB, even if Hundley lead them to a winning record.

Archived