Red Sox trade Benintendi to the Royals

.Buzz

On 2/17/2021 at 8:04 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

Hicks is solid. What a weird choice to hate on.

Guy is made out of glass too that should only get worse. 

On 2/15/2021 at 11:20 AM, bigbadbuff said:

Their obsession with Aaron Hicks won't allow this.

I don't get it either. I really don't get their lineup construction strategy when it is proven time and time again that it doesn't work. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Guy is made out of glass too that should only get worse. 

I don't get it either. I really don't get their lineup construction strategy when it is proven time and time again that it doesn't work. 

The Hicks hitting 3rd thing is really my only gripe (minus ridding ourselves of Gary Sánchez). The offense is still really good. 

49 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

The Hicks hitting 3rd thing is really my only gripe (minus ridding ourselves of Gary Sánchez). The offense is still really good. 

You do or don't want to get rid of Sanchez?

The offense is really good. The problem is that they rely WAY too much on homeruns. Too many guys in the lineup strike out  at a increasingly high rate, and in the play-offs you can't rely on homers. You need to put the ball in play, manufacture runs. Good pitchers in the post season do not give you many chances for a HR. That's why I commented on Benentendi. That's the type of player we need. He's like DJ. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You do or don't want to get rid of Sanchez?

The offense is really good. The problem is that they rely WAY too much on homeruns. Too many guys in the lineup strike out  at a increasingly high rate, and in the play-offs you can't rely on homers. You need to put the ball in play, manufacture runs. Good pitchers in the post season do not give you many chances for a HR. That's why I commented on Benentendi. That's the type of player we need. He's like DJ. 

I’d get rid of Sanchez in a heart beat. 

• Like 1