NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol what a ******* joke of a post this is

26 years old. 2x MVP, one of 3 players to ever win MVP and DPOY in the same year and a sure fire first ballot hall of famer already but, sure, not the "top top" echelon of players. His resume at 26 is better than 99% of NBA players in history.

I love ya champ but...c'mon.

he's not in the very top tier of players for me. is it really an insult to say that he hasn't broken into the lebron/durant tier? you can break it down however you want, but for me if you are talking about a title run there are a few guys you are taking before Giannis. and he can keep improving and show that in the playoffs this year that he is one of those guys. but we got a resounding answer last year that he wasn't there yet. 

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

With 19 points scored and the Bucks won by 3. Regardless, it's still a silly *** little qualifier.

i mean it's a ridiculous comment to say the guy who played 11 minutes and was +2 won them that game lol. the playoffs are where the greats build their legacies dude. like...you can't see my POV on this one? it was an awful....awful....performance. and yes i know Bud sucks and the roster was meh around him 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

he's not in the very top tier of players for me. is it really an insult to say that he hasn't broken into the lebron/durant tier? you can break it down however you want, but for me if you are talking about a title run there are a few guys you are taking before Giannis. and he can keep improving and show that in the playoffs this year that he is one of those guys. but we got a resounding answer last year that he wasn't there yet. 

He's 26. LeBron didn't win a title until he was 27. KD couldn't do it until he joined a super team. 

And if you're watching the games (which you obviously aren't), he's continually improving. Doesn't make the comment any less ridiculous.

41 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

MVP is such a weird award. I don't put a ton of stock into it when comparing players. Unless its just obvious one player was lucky to get a MVP and the other one like 3.

it's gonna be a very interesting year. obviously hoping the nugs go on a run here and i can really push my agenda

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's 26. LeBron didn't win a title until he was 27. KD couldn't do it until he joined a super team. 

And if you're watching the games (which you obviously aren't), he's continually improving. Doesn't make the comment any less ridiculous.

okay so I am supposed to handicap him for future improvement, lol? he's not there yet. 

i mean it's a ridiculous comment to say the guy who played 11 minutes and was +2 won them that game lol. the playoffs are where the greats build their legacies dude. like...you can't see my POV on this one? it was an awful....awful....performance. and yes i know Bud sucks and the roster was meh around him 

By the team? Absolutely. They weren't there. By Giannis? k.

It's a ridiculous little qualifier to say they got swept when they didn't. Did he or did he not play in the game they won? Yes or no. That simple.

Again, LeBron? Had to leave to win a title. KD? Had to leave to win a title.

This emphasis on the playoffs and isolating singular players as the reason they won or not is asinine. I know the NBA is the one league where an individual can change the fortunes of a team but they don't win this **** alone. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

By the team? Absolutely. They weren't there. By Giannis? k.

It's a ridiculous little qualifier to say they got swept when they didn't. Did he or did he not play in the game they won? Yes or no. That simple.

you gotta have higher expectations for your guy dude. i watched the clutch time of all the games. we've had this chat and I feel great about where I stand on it. he has an opportunity to shut my *** up this postseason

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Again, LeBron? Had to leave to win a title. KD? Had to leave to win a title.

This emphasis on the playoffs and isolating singular players as the reason they won or not is asinine. I know the NBA is the one league where an individual can change the fortunes of a team but they don't win this **** alone. 

for the record this is not what i'm doing. i think there is a certain skillset (offensive creating in the clutch) that has a weighted importance for superstars. giannis doesn't really have that skillset yet. and the playoffs are the most clear place to see that played out. but we had this exact discussion like 6 months ago and I said my piece. end of the day i stick with my small market family

you gotta have higher expectations for your guy dude. i watched the clutch time of all the games. we've had this chat and I feel great about where I stand on it. he has an opportunity to shut my *** up this postseason

No, I don't. I don't isolate a player's value by such a small sample of game play. 

16 minutes ago, champ11 said:

for the record this is not what i'm doing. i think there is a certain skillset (offensive creating in the clutch) that has a weighted importance for superstars. giannis doesn't really have that skillset yet. and the playoffs are the most clear place to see that played out. but we had this exact discussion like 6 months ago and I said my piece. end of the day i stick with my small market family

Giannis literally just took over a game in the clutch last night. He's also top 5, I believe, in 4th quarter PPG and 2nd in total 4th quarter points. He's literally playing different basketball this season. How much have you watched the Bucks this year? Honest question. I know, I know, your narrative is "it's not the playoffs."

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1