NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

With Embiid injured as well have to think it'll be a 3 man race between Harden, Lillard, and Jokic now, no?

Harden has no chance unless everyone else misses significant time. Like LeBron and Embiid would have to have setbacks and miss extra time on top of Jokic, Giannis, Lillard, and Kawhi getting hurt.

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Harden has no chance unless everyone else misses significant time. Like LeBron and Embiid would have to have setbacks and miss extra time on top of Jokic, Giannis, Lillard, and Kawhi getting hurt.

Harden definitely has a chance, I see no reason why he wouldn’t. And his name has been put in the conversation amongst the media. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Harden definitely has a chance, I see no reason why he wouldn’t. And his name has been put in the conversation amongst the media. 

The Nets are 21-7 since they acquired Harden and he's averaging 25.4 ppg | 8.9 rpg | 11.4 apg on 48% FG. I definitely think he's in the conversation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

He doesn't outside of lots of injuries. He tanked over 10% of the season and he's not even the best player on his team.

11 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Aight, if we can make fun of Zion and RJ's shooting, let's talk about Ja.

RJ Barrett looks like he's finally starting to figure it out. Over his last 9 games he's averaging 21.3 ppg | 5.7 rpg | 2.9 aapg on 52% FG and 48% 3FG. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

RJ Barrett looks like he's finally starting to figure it out. Over his last 9 games he's averaging 21.3 ppg | 5.7 rpg | 2.9 aapg on 52% FG and 48% 3FG. 

Definitely improving yet I'm skeptical of his upside. Not sure what a "prime" RJ will look like.

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Definitely improving yet I'm skeptical of his upside. Not sure what a "prime" RJ will look like.

I think Tom Thibodeau is the perfect coach for a player like Barrett. He was instrumental in Jimmy Butlers development and they have similar skillsets. When the Bulls drafted Butler late in the 1st round he came into the league as a 22 year old rookie and averaged 2.6 ppg on 40% FG and 18% 3FG. In his 4th year under Thibs he averaged 20 ppg on 48% FG and 38% 3FG and eventually became a max contract player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Tom Thibodeau is the perfect coach for a player like Barrett. He was instrumental in Jimmy Butlers development and they have similar skillsets. When the Bulls drafted Butler late in the 1st round he came into the league as a 22 year old rookie and averaged 2.6 ppg on 40% FG and 18% 3FG. In his 4th year under Thibs he averaged 20 ppg on 48% FG and 38% 3FG and eventually became a max contract player. 

RJ would need to put on a ton of muscle lol. He's a different kind of athlete than Butler.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

RJ would need to put on a ton of muscle lol. He's a different kind of athlete than Butler.

And he's also much further along as a player at the same stage than Butler. I'm not saying they're exactly alike, I'm just saying that Thibs was instrumental in helping Butler grow from end of the bench role player to max contract All-Star. 

• Like 1