Athlete or Fan?

38 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yup lol. I lost 40. Half rations and extra "attention" from the Drill Instructors." Still 13 of the best weeks of my life though. 

I didn’t get half rats. My Senior was a fitness freak and new the benefits of eating. He just saw it as his personal mission to “motivate” me into proper shape. 

Definitely some of my fondest memories. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Yup lol. I lost 40. Half rations and extra "attention" from the Drill Instructors." Still 13 of the best weeks of my life though. 

13 Weeks 😲

I only did 6 weeks in the Air Force. I lost of lot of weight though because it was in the middle of June in San Antonio.

Edited by TENINCH

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

13 Weeks 😲

I only did 6 weeks in the Air Force. I lost of lot of weight though because it was in the middle of June in San Antonio.

It's actually the third biggest reason I joined the Marines. The Army was 8 weeks at at that time and I wanted to outdo my older brother haha. 

But the biggest reasons?    (2) A Few Good Men. Amazing movie.  (1) The dress blue uniforms haha. Best uniforms in any military in the world. Girls love them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

It's actually the third biggest reason I joined the Marines. The Army was 8 weeks at at that time and I wanted to outdo my older brother haha. 

But the biggest reasons?    (2) A Few Good Men. Amazing movie.  (1) The dress blue uniforms haha. Best uniforms in any military in the world. Girls love them!

Do we want you on that wall?  Do we need you on that wall?  

30 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I think AF is up to 9 weeks now. They are treated better now though. 

USMC Boot Camp is still 13 weeks, but once you complete boot camp every Marine not headed to infantry school heads to combat training, which is essentially a 4 week extension of boot camp. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

(2) A Few Good Men. Amazing movie.  

"I have neither the time, or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!"

• Like 1