Diablo 2 Resurrected

MKnight82

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I've just been running NM countess for the last few days and am up to lvl 41 on my sorc. I have a bunch of Amn/Sol runes now so I'm ready to do a few Andariel runs before moving to Act 2. 

My biggest problem is that my merc can never stay alive... I tried to give him decent gear but he still dies anytime any non-generic mob comes along.

I've found that no amount of defense will keep a merc alive.  A strong weapon so he slaughters anything near him will keep him alive.  Did you make your insight yet? 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I've found that no amount of defense will keep a merc alive.  A strong weapon so he slaughters anything near him will keep him alive.  Did you make your insight yet? 

Just looking for a 4os polearm.  I found a superior poleaxe that I thought was the correct item level to get 4 sockets from Larzuk, but I got 5 sockets.... that was a bummer

Last night I had a Titans Revenge drop for me randomly during a countess run (a Lum rune dropped randomly like 5 seconds later too).  So I started a Amazon character, going to run a lighting javazon. I already have a Razortail belt too so I think I have two best in slot items for this build.

Edited by MKnight82

On 10/2/2021 at 8:53 AM, MKnight82 said:

Last night I had a Titans Revenge drop for me randomly during a countess run (a Lum rune dropped randomly like 5 seconds later too).  So I started a Amazon character, going to run a lighting javazon. I already have a Razortail belt too so I think I have two best in slot items for this build.

Javazon is my favorite build (back in the day when I had a bot running so I had legit gear). I'm scared of trying to run it now that I'm on console and have to solo walk everything because you need legit gear to be viable.

Doing cow runs on a geared lightning/pierce javazon is immensely satisfying. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 8:30 AM, Heimdallr said:

I've just been running NM countess for the last few days and am up to lvl 41 on my sorc. I have a bunch of Amn/Sol runes now so I'm ready to do a few Andariel runs before moving to Act 2. 

My biggest problem is that my merc can never stay alive... I tried to give him decent gear but he still dies anytime any non-generic mob comes along.

Do you have any life leach on him? That, increased attack speed, and damage really help.

EDIT: Treachery (Shael+Thul+Lem) is amazing for him, since it gives 45 IAS and the Fade boosts resistances.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you have any life leach on him? That, increased attack speed, and damage really help.

EDIT: Treachery (Shael+Thul+Lem) is amazing for him, since it gives 45 IAS and the Fade boosts resistances.

Can mercs wear armor that is class specific? (Ex: Treachery says Assassin only)

Killed Baal on Hell difficulty solo last night.  I ran Cows solo too and was fine. The hammerdin is so overpowered I still don't have great gear and I can practically kill anything at level 83.  I'm probably going to work on making some other builds now.  I already started that javazon since I found a titans but I'm thinking about running another Paladin as a Smiter so I can do uber runs.  

• Like 1