2018 FA WRs

paraven

Here is a quick early list of FA wr's next year. The ravens will need to open the pocket book if they want to get a decent offensive weapon because obviously Ozzie has no talent in drafting them.

My list in order id want them:

1: Allen Robinson- Would be my top pick because of age (only 23) and has the height and strength that ravens have never had at WR

2: Alshon Jeffrey- Hasnt exactly played to expectations in Philly, but would be a big upgrade over anything on our team now

3. Terrelle Pryor - See Jeffrey

4. Quincy Anunwa-  This is one is interesting, he has flashed potential with terrible QBS. Similar physical traits as A rob but less proven

5. Larry Fitzgerald- Definitely passed his prime but still very serviceable.  Would again be an upgrade over anything we have, but id rather spend money on younger player

6. Sammy Watkins - I see to much Perriman in him

7. Jordan Matthews - A slot guy who is hurt a lot. 

*disclaimer, I have no idea what the cap space for next year looks like , this is strictly a wish list, as unrealistic as it may be

Where are you seeing Hopkins and Enunwa? This is the list I'm seeing 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

I think Fitzgerald has already announced he's retiring.

I don't care how many guys we have to cut to get the cap space. I want to sign two good ones. I have no faith in Ozzie to draft that position. Unbelievable to me that one of the best GMs of the last 2 decades hasn't been able to draft a better WR than Torrey Smith.

Watkins(my 1st choice) and Perriman are nothing alike except for speed. Watkins has great ball skills 

11 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Where are you seeing Hopkins and Enunwa? This is the list I'm seeing 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

I think Fitzgerald has already announced he's retiring.

I don't care how many guys we have to cut to get the cap space. I want to sign two good ones. I have no faith in Ozzie to draft that position. Unbelievable to me that one of the best GMs of the last 2 decades hasn't been able to draft a better WR than Torrey Smith.

Watkins(my 1st choice) and Perriman are nothing alike except for speed. Watkins has great ball skills 

I looked at an old article, hopkins has since been signed.. my bad. 

Enunwa though will be a RFA in 2018

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/quincy-enunwa-14620/

I think it's hard for me to figure out what types of WR's we want when there's a high % chance we'll be changing offenses (again) next season. If we continue with Marty, we need possession WR's since we don't do anything to get our WR's moving around in space for RAC opportunities.

If we change offenses, I would like to get more speedy guys who can catch and run, because we have that right now, we just don't do anything to get them the ball while moving.

I wonder if both Pees and Marty can save their job referring to the injury bug. Pees again lost 1 key player and the defense struggles. Urban and Davis just add a little to it, the rest of the defense is basically intact besides Tavon Young.

MM has a legitimate claim, that the offense just surrendered to much talent to injuries. Gillmore, Woodhead, Dixon, Pitta, Waller and maybe even Tim White was lost at the skill position, while the starting guards are gone, the 2 top backups are gone (although Siragusa wasn't proven) and the RT came into camp late. Also Maxx has been more or less injured and no longer the athlete we hoped could make a difference, Ben Watson is 36-37 coming off an achilles tear and Flacco didn't play in preseason. That is a lot of examples to put on the table in the end of the year, which might give him another chance.

Btw, we mocked the Jets for their bad roster - but see how they perform. Also, the Dolphins played themselves into contention and the Bills as well. The coaching staff and FO are running out of excuses - especially on the defensive side on the ball.

Flacco is still who he is and always has been. But as the year after the super bowl and this year, he has to have skill around him - mostly oline. This year the wide receivers has just been too bad, and Perriman would never be out there if it wasn't for his draft status.

Speaking of Marty and the prospect of him getting any accountability at all:

and then Jamisen Hensley comes in with the haymaker:

Ravens coach John Harbaugh on offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg: "Trying to put the blame on one person in a team game is a mistake. It's nonsensical." Baltimore ranks 29th in yards per game (289.2) and 30th in offensive points per game (15.3).

It is nonsensical for Marty to get ALL the blame. Our players suck. Ozzie is the one who drafted these players. And keeps using all our resources on defense. John is the one who hired Marty. The two of them together have a vision of building a team that could win a championship 20-30 years ago. And IDK why we get decimated by injuries every year. But I think someone is responsible for that too and I don't believe it's just bad luck 

2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Speaking of Marty and the prospect of him getting any accountability at all:

and then Jamisen Hensley comes in with the haymaker:

Okay then, Harbaugh, if the team is not good enough, then the men who put it together have to carry the can. That's Ozzie and that's you.

Honestly, I don't even want to look at the FA WRs,  because I don't believe for one second that the Ravens will sign any good ones. We'll end up with Eddie Royal or Jeremy Kerley and count ourselves lucky.

FWIW we're only projected to have $9.8m in cap space next season as things stand, and there aren't a whole heap of candidates to cut to make much cap space.  These are the guys that would make more than $3m in cap space according to Over The Cap

- Marshal Yanda $3.875m
- CJ Mosley $8.718m (its his 5th year option)
- Eric Weddle $4.75m
- Jeremy Maclin $5m
- Brandon Carr $4m
- Terrell Suggs $4m
- Austin Howard $3m

Of those, only Carr and Howard seem like possible realistic cuts to me, so there's little chance we're signing one quality FA WR, as much as we may need one, let alone two

14 minutes ago, drd23 said:

FWIW we're only projected to have $9.8m in cap space next season as things stand, and there aren't a whole heap of candidates to cut to make much cap space.  These are the guys that would make more than $3m in cap space according to Over The Cap

- Marshal Yanda $3.875m
- Eric Weddle $4.75m
- Jeremy Maclin $5m
- Brandon Carr $4m
- Terrell Suggs $4m
- Austin Howard $3m

Of those, only Carr and Howard seem like possible realistic cuts to me, so there's little chance we're signing one quality FA WR, as much as we may need one, let alone two

If you cut the bottom 4 that's over $25 million. And I'm assuming that's before June 1. That's more than enough to get any WR who hits free agency. Even if it's just Carr and Howard that should be enough unless it's a 1 year deal like Jeffery got

On 10/16/2017 at 5:25 PM, drd23 said:

- Marshal Yanda $3.875m
- Eric Weddle $4.75m
- Jeremy Maclin $5m
- Brandon Carr $4m
- Terrell Suggs $4m
- Austin Howard $3m

I would be okay with cutting Weddle, Maclin, Suggs, and Howard. Carr has played phenomenally for us this year, and has the ultimate quality in a CB that we covet: staying healthy.

That said, yeah we're in cap hell.

15 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I would be okay with cutting Weddle, Maclin, Suggs, and Howard. Carr has played phenomenally for us this year, and has the ultimate quality in a CB that we covet: staying healthy.

That said, yeah we're in cap hell.

We can easily get it to around $20 million and we have no one hitting free agency that's going to be a big deal if we lose. This cap situation really isn't a problem 

Archived