Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

It’s a fact that hospitals were incentivized to list COVID as cause of death. Everyone should have  still realized how real COVID was. But no, we don’t get to dismiss reality. 

but I guess one rural county where 15k people live really tips the scales for you though, huh?

Doesn’t mean that it’s actually happening. Nor is there proof that it ever did. Even the Senator who started this conspiracy theory said his comments were taken out of context.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Doesn’t mean that it’s actually happening. Nor is there proof that it ever did. Even the Senator who started this conspiracy theory said his comments were taken out of context.

Not even sure what you’re saying here. But to reiterate, it’s a fact that hospitals were incentivized to attribute deaths to COVID.

34 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

So you agree there’s reasons for someone to not get vaccinated (right now). There’s literally no way you can know if Beasley falls under one of those categories. None. 

I don’t care about Beasley, I’m just pointing out you can’t judge anyone unless you know the facts, and you simply don’t. We can agree he specifically should delete his Twitter app (as should everyone to be honest) but it’s possible that there’s a real reason he’s not getting vaccinated. Even if it’s unlikely, neither of us can say it’s not the case.

In reality, places like colleges with vaccine mandates allow you a medical exemption if you have a legitimate reason. You just have to put up with certain restrictions to keep you and everyone else safe. In this case, since Beasley doesn’t want to get vaccinated, he has to deal with the restrictions whether he has a legitimate medical reason or not. Which he doesn’t of course.  Funny enough, this is one of the few times that I agree with the NFL.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Not even sure what you’re saying here. But to reiterate, it’s a fact that hospitals were incentivized to attribute deaths to COVID.

So the implication is that the hospitals are inflating the Covid numbers, which is an unproven belief.  Not sure what’s hard to understand here. It’s a common conspiracy theory pushed by others.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

It’s a fact that hospitals were incentivized to list COVID as cause of death. Everyone should have  still realized how real COVID was. But no, we don’t get to dismiss reality. 

but I guess one rural county where 15k people live really tips the scales for you though, huh?

I think it’s hilarious that you went on a rant about the media being misleading a few pages ago, but yet here you are, basically doing it yourself and trying to be innocent about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To me, this is the kind of thing tele-health was made for. Your heart is nothing to **** with my dude. I'd call your doctor. The $25 copay or whatever is worth the peace of mind IMO.

Just wanted to share my experience here, never know if someone else using these boards had gone through something similar. I reached out to my aunt who's one of the head nurses in one of the cardiac (cath) labs here in my area and she said to just monitor and hydrate for now... the symptoms seem better as I type this. Also have good insurance so if I do think it's becoming an issue I will have no problem going in. 

Appreciate your guy's responses.

Stay healthy out there! 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Just wanted to share my experience here, never know if someone else using these boards had gone through something similar. I reached out to my aunt who's one of the head nurses in one of the cardiac (cath) labs here in my area and she said to just monitor and hydrate for now... the symptoms seem better as I type this. Also have good insurance so if I do think it's becoming an issue I will have no problem going in. 

Appreciate your guy's responses.

Stay healthy out there! 

You too - thanks for getting your shot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Yeah really. With Beasley, it’s pretty black and white, and he should be rightfully called out on it.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in calling someone out for being adamantly loud about his opinion online, when you yourself are spending hours a day, for months at a time, being adamantly loud about your opinion online?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think it’s hilarious that you went on a rant about the media being misleading a few pages ago, but yet here you are, basically doing it yourself and trying to be innocent about it.

Im not being misleading at all, I’m stating public fact. In the same sentence, I also said people should still realize how serious COVID is. What in the world is misleading about that? Please, do tell. 

5 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Do you not see the hypocrisy in calling someone out for being adamantly loud about his opinion online, when you yourself are spending hours a day, for months at a time, being adamantly loud about your opinion online?

Some opinions are wrong. If you believe the world is flat then you’re wrong. If you push antivaxxer agendas, like what Beasley has been doing, then you’re wrong. Like I said, this is pretty black and white. I can’t help you if don’t understand that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Im not being misleading at all, I’m stating public fact. In the same sentence, I also said people should still realize how serious COVID is. What in the world is misleading about that? Please, do tell. 

What was the point of stating this then?

41 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It’s a fact that hospitals were incentivized to list COVID as cause of death

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

In reality, places like colleges with vaccine mandates allow you a medical exemption if you have a legitimate reason. You just have to put up with certain restrictions to keep you and everyone else safe. In this case, since Beasley doesn’t want to get vaccinated, he has to deal with the restrictions whether he has a legitimate medical reason or not. Which he doesn’t of course.  Funny enough, this is one of the few times that I agree with the NFL.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Very little of this has to do with why we’re talking about, outside of you trying to again sneak in that you know Beasley doesn’t have a real issue for not getting vaxxed. I’ll sound like a broken record but it’s important to point that you don’t know, and your insistence that you do (based on nothing more than "you know") is a very bad look.

Edited by GSUeagles14

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I just wanted to make sure we all knows the facts. You wanna take a shot at my question?

Okay let me try to explain it again. If I posted that people have died from the Covid vaccine and left it at that, it would also be factual. Because you know we should all know the facts. But why is that misleading?

15 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Okay let me try to explain it again. If I posted that people have died from the Covid vaccine and left it at that, it would also be factual. Because you know we should all know the facts. But why is that misleading?

OK, so you dont want to answer my question. Ill answer yours though. 

i provided an disclaimer and with with i said. So the equivalent if you were being honest (and it  appears you dont want to be) would be The odds are overwhelmingly likely you'll be fine, but a microscopic amount of people have died from the vaccine".  I dont know if hospitals inflated #s because there were incentives to do so, theres anecdotal direct accounts that said they did, but I dont know nor do i think it matters. Its why i said people should still have realized how real covid is. And i even admitted i dont know, although wont pat myself on the back that as its an easy thing to admit. to.