Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Not even sure what you’re saying here. But to reiterate, it’s a fact that hospitals were incentivized to attribute deaths to COVID.

By Incentivized I assume you mean they get paid more for covid treatment than other respiratory disease?

If that’s what you mean that’s not uncommon. Different disease, treatments etc. have different costs associated.

Has anyone seen any valid data that states hospitals are padding covid numbers because I haven’t.

If anything it would seem cases are undercounted.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

OK, so you dont want to answer my question. Ill answer yours though. 

i provided an disclaimer and with with i said. So the equivalent if you were being honest (and it  appears you dont want to be) would be The odds are overwhelmingly likely you'll be fine, but a microscopic amount of people have died from the vaccine".  I dont know if hospitals inflated #s because there were incentives to do so, theres anecdotal direct accounts that said they did, but I dont know nor do i think it matters. Its why i said people should still have realized how real covid is. And i even admitted i dont know, although wont pat myself on the back that as its an easy thing to admit. to. 

Good then we’re agreement that it was pointless for you to bring that up in the context of my original post. My post which was making fun of the conspiracy theory that hospitals were inflating the numbers.

3 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

By Incentivized I assume you mean they get paid more for covid treatment than other respiratory disease?

If that’s what you mean that’s not uncommon. Different disease, treatments etc. have different costs associated.

Has anyone seen any valid data that states hospitals are padding covid numbers because I haven’t.

If anything it would seem cases are undercounted.

i dont think it matters if hospitals did this in regards to covid, and i dont know if they did. I think its less likely tbh. But  this is a little different, at least to my knowledge, Unless theres other diseases/conditions that automatically get 20% premiums? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Very little of this has to do with why we’re talking about, outside of you trying to again sneak in that you know Beasley doesn’t have a real issue for not getting vaxxed. I’ll sound like a broken record but it’s important to point that you don’t know, and your insistence that you do (based on nothing more than "you know") is a very bad look.

But I do know. Just like most people with an inkling of self awareness would know that he’s being an antivaxxer right now. If you can’t see that fact, then I can’t help you.

Edited by Xenos

Just now, Xenos said:

Good then we’re agreement that it was pointless for you to bring that up in the context of my original post. My post which was making fun of the conspiracy theory that hospitals were inflating the numbers.

No, it was very important to bring up. You dont know if hospitals are inflating #s, theres a very clear way that they could. I know youre adverse to saying this, but I dont know. 

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

But I do know. Just like most people with an inkling of self awareness would know that he’s being an antivaxxer right now. If you can’t see that fact, then I can’t help you.

Do you know him personally, and/or have access to his medical records?

13 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i dont think it matters if hospitals did this in regards to covid, and i dont know if they did. I think its less likely tbh. But  this is a little different, at least to my knowledge, Unless theres other diseases/conditions that automatically get 20% premiums? 

I don’t know how your billing works other than in my experience it’s expensive and excessive. 

As Covid was new there would not have been a fee structure so I expect they added a premium, to existing schedules for a different illness like pneumonia to reflect the higher costs of care associated with covid. I can only imagine what the fee schedule looks like if a ventilator is required. That’s expensive.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

No, it was very important to bring up. You dont know if hospitals are inflating #s, theres a very clear way that they could. I know youre adverse to saying this, but I dont know. 

You do realize that there’s a difference between “could” and actual proof right? It’s weird twisted logic that could be used for literally anything.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:06 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How much more babysitting, and handholding, and coddling do these idiotic entitled crybabies possibly need? I understand what you're getting at, but come on man.

We cured a pandemic. 2 shots. 30 minutes total, go live your life. 3 billion shots. 3 deaths, none confirmed from the vaccine. And these idiots not only don't like it, when we ask why they answer "general anti-vaccinate sentiment". They can't even tell us why they don't want to take it, and IT'S ON US TO BEND OVER MORE?

Lock them out of hospitals and let them die in the street.

While I don’t work bedside any longer, I still have plenty of friends who do.  They’re ******* tired, overworked and frustrated because these same jackasses who don’t trust medical science seemingly have no problem rushing to the hospital when they get sick.

They’re tedious *******s who are doing nothing more than continually crapping in the community pool and then complaining when people try to clean up their mess.

Until they’re really sick, then it’s a problem that someone else needs to fix.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

While I don’t work bedside any longer, I still have plenty of friends who do.  They’re ******* tired, overworked and frustrated because these same jackasses who don’t trust medical science seemingly have no problem rushing to the hospital when they get sick.

They’re tedious *******s who are doing nothing more than continually crapping in the community pool and then complaining when people try to clean up their mess.

Until they’re really sick, then it’s a problem that someone else needs to fix.

I'm serious. I doubt there's a single MD or RN actively practicing who hasn't been somehow damaged long term by this. We have to recognize that burnout among the limited supply of healthcare pros that we have is a threat to our healthcare system, and act accordingly.

Deprioritize the care of any non-vaccinated COVID-19 patient without medical justification for the no-jab status after a certain date. I'm not saying those people shouldn't be treated if we have capacity, but other priorities including screenings and routine care should take priority.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm serious. I doubt there's a single MD or RN actively practicing who hasn't been somehow damaged long term by this. We have to recognize that burnout among the limited supply of healthcare pros that we have is a threat to our healthcare system, and act accordingly.

Deprioritize the care of any non-vaccinated COVID-19 patient without medical justification for the no-jab status after a certain date. I'm not saying those people shouldn't be treated if we have capacity, but other priorities including screenings and routine care should take priority.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I know you probably know this, but I’ll explain it for anyone else who doesn’t and is interested.

Nursing is an understaffed job with a somewhat aging workforce.  We as a country also have an aging population, which adds to the shortage.

A linky thingy for those who don’t want to take my word for it.

https://nightingale.edu/blog/registered-nursing-job-outlook/

Bedside nursing in a hospital is not a good time.  It’s high stress (literally a life and death situation some days) and the pay is middling.  I make significantly more now working from my home, sitting on my arse, mostly business hours than I did working in a level one trauma/burn ICU.

Most nurses don’t want to do that work forever.  They’ll do it for a while, build a resume and take a cushier job.  Others like it obviously.

For the last year and half or whatever hospitals have largely ran understaffed (even more than normal) and have tried to offset that with huge wages for travel assignments, bonuses, etc.  Some folks will chase the money, I’ve had plenty of friends who have, but they’re wearing out.  This isn’t sustainable indefinitely.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 2