Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

30 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm serious. I doubt there's a single MD or RN actively practicing who hasn't been somehow damaged long term by this. We have to recognize that burnout among the limited supply of healthcare pros that we have is a threat to our healthcare system, and act accordingly.

Deprioritize the care of any non-vaccinated COVID-19 patient without medical justification for the no-jab status after a certain date. I'm not saying those people shouldn't be treated if we have capacity, but other priorities including screenings and routine care should take priority.

I am. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Can't wait to see what spawns from this. 

All kidding aside, this can only be a good thing. It’ll make it easier for places to legally mandate it with obvious medical exemptions. Might also help with some vaccine hesitancy.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

All kidding aside, this can only be a good thing. It’ll make it easier for places to legally mandate it with obvious medical exemptions. Might also help with some vaccine hesitancy.

Personally hoping for some super ironic "civil rights" riots by the anti-vax crowds when places start making it mandatory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Sounds like someone with a legitimate medical reason.

You really don’t like answering questions, do you? 

45 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm serious. I doubt there's a single MD or RN actively practicing who hasn't been somehow damaged long term by this. We have to recognize that burnout among the limited supply of healthcare pros that we have is a threat to our healthcare system, and act accordingly.

Deprioritize the care of any non-vaccinated COVID-19 patient without medical justification for the no-jab status after a certain date. I'm not saying those people shouldn't be treated if we have capacity, but other priorities including screenings and routine care should take priority.

This is literally the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. While we are at it though, let’s try and stop providing medical  care to obese people as well. I mean, there’s a simple solution for a lot of the associated problems that come with obesity, so why not, am I right?

15 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Personally hoping for some super ironic "civil rights" riots by the anti-vax crowds when places start making it mandatory. 

It’s already started. Look at Anthony Sherman’s ridiculous tweet, which I’m tempted to post here but would probably break the rules.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Shame on anyone that feels that way.

*Shrug*

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Although I’d love to see the deflections if we also stopped care for some medical issues that could easily be prevented. Do you want the list now?

If it makes you feel better, go on right ahead.

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I am. 

Nah - I'm not doing this out of a sense of vengeance or anything. I don't want anyone to die. Honestly, I still feel like the end of the initial pandemic South Park episode where Stan starts tearing up like the 8 year old he is and saying he just wants things to go back to normal.

But it can't right now. Society is being held hostage by unvaccinated people statistically holding a gun to their head and playing a 1/100 game of Russian roulette while our healthcare system has to pick up the pieces. @LETSGOBROWNIESis right - it's unsustainable. It's a brutal reality to admit we can't save everyone from themselves, but we can't, so we have to find a way to make it work the best way we can. "Just let healthcare fail" is not a strategy, so something has to change, but the whole point of this is to stop people from dying needlessly.

• Like 2