NBA Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread - Draft Starts Noon EST on 3/14

MKnight82

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If that's the case, I'd just turn on 2K and find the highest rated players still available, regardless of how they fit together. A video game, in no way, knows player eval better than a human. 

But the best rated and record teams don't always (in fact rarely) win in 2K playoffs.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

But the best rated and record teams don't always (in fact rarely) win in 2K playoffs.

Because it's also based on algorithms and the playoffs are 7 games long. It's not based on anything other than computer algorithms with ratings having a heavy weight. LIS, a video game knows nothing about player evaluation.

It's whatever. I just find the idea of a video game being a better judge than a human absurd.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Because it's also based on algorithms and the playoffs are 7 games long. It's not based on anything other than computer algorithms with ratings having a heavy weight. LIS, a video game knows nothing about player evaluation.

It's whatever. I just find the idea of a video game being a better judge than a human absurd.

You win, you know better than all of us.  Congrats.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Jesus man, fine forget it.

Again, what part of "I don't care" don't you get? You can sim it, I don't give two ****s. I just think the concept of a video game being a better judge than a human being flat out stupid. It's not about the sim lol.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Again, what part of "I don't care" don't you get? You can sim it, I don't give two ****s. I just think the concept of a video game being a better judge than a human being flat out stupid. It's not about the sim lol.

Who is saying it is a better judge than people?  Its not like we won't have votes on it like last time but its just another fun exercise with the teams.  And would be interesting to compare results with the human votes.  No need to get all worked up because some people enjoy video games.  I

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Who is saying it is a better judge than people?  Its not like we won't have votes on it like last time but its just another fun exercise with the teams.  And would be interesting to compare results with the human votes.  No need to get all worked up because some people enjoy video games.  I

Multiple people lol

LIS, I don't care what we do. I've stated that multiple times now.