NBA Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread - Draft Starts Noon EST on 3/14

MKnight82

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I have one specific guy I want as my 5th starter, and I think he will potentially be there when I pick. Scared he won't be though. It's maybe a reach to move up for him now, but I will entertain the idea if anyone is interested. Probably in the 61 to 65 range. 

Anyone wanna trade their OTC/115 to 125 range pick for 70/100?

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

draymond doesn't fit your team, trade him to me for the benefit of all parties involved. 

lol he does tho! 

1) I needed a defensive minded forward capable of defending everywhere (and there's no one better than Dray there)
2) Every forward on the roster is capable of initiating plays from the perimeter on offense. Sure, Draymond isn't a shooter but he also doesn't necessarily clog the paint for Giannis. Porzingis is effectively a wing in this scenario offensively. It would totally work! 

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I wanted randle, Grant, Harris, Seaton in that order. Sleep was not good to me this day. 

O well I'll just take a dude averaging 3 and a half treys on 43 percent 

Anunoby was my fallback SF after Harris went off the board. I couldn't pass on LaMelo so I was hoping he'd come back around. 

Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t understand the Draymond pick there.  Seems like a bad fit, he needs to be playing the 4.

1) I needed a defensive minded forward capable of defending everywhere (and there's no one better than Dray there)
2) Every forward on the roster is capable of initiating plays from the perimeter on offense. Sure, Draymond isn't a shooter but he also doesn't necessarily clog the paint for Giannis. Porzingis is effectively a wing in this scenario offensively. 

So, in effect, he is playing the 4 offensively.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

2) Every forward on the roster is capable of initiating plays from the perimeter on offense. Sure, Draymond isn't a shooter but he also doesn't necessarily clog the paint for Giannis. Porzingis is effectively a wing in this scenario offensively. 

Porzingis can’t defend wings anymore, and Draymond isn’t what he used to be there either.  Both need to be in the paint defensively. I just don’t like the fit.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Porzingis can’t defend wings anymore, and Draymond isn’t what he used to be there either.  Both need to be in the paint defensively. I just don’t like the fit.

Porzingis wouldn't be defending wings and Giannis/Draymond are interchangeable on defense. Plus, LIS above, there's not a guarantee that Dray starts for me anyways. It was a value pick over a fit pick. 

Edited by beekay414

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Siakam and Irving were both awful in the last postseasons they played. So if you're going to bring up SGA, Embiid and Middleton, it stands to reason it applies to your guys as well. 

They were good when they got to play second/third fiddle with a top 2 player in the world. (Siakam w/Kawhi & Lowry | Kyrie w/LeBron & Love) So I think those 2 would be fine, I mean the Nets look pretty good.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Porzingis wouldn't be defending wings and Giannis/Draymond are interchangeable on defense. Plus, LIS above, there's not a guarantee that Dray starts for me anyways. It was a value pick over a fit pick. 

If porzinings is playing the 4 he needs to be able to switch on wings.