Bengals sign CB Chidobe Awuzie(3 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

The positive takeaway would be that if you are going to run a primarily zone scheme, at least they got a guy who excels in zone coverage.  WJ3 is a man-press CB.  I blame Lou for misusing him moreso than I blame WJ3 for his struggles the past couple of years.  I'll be curious to see how much WJ3 ends up signing for.  Getting a zone guy at half the price might be a move that works out, but it's a big risk, as Awuzie isn't nearly as good in man.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Awuze and Hilton are zone guys.  When our defense is still craptastic this year, Lou will be out of excuses.  I don't think we see a CB before day 3 now in the draft unless the value is just insane.

That's the second Steeler i can ever remember signing with the Bengals.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

So basically, the Bengals got Awuzie, Wilson and Hilton for what Jackson is looking to make.

And as much as we hate on Lou A, it sure seems that the defensive players are hating on him more.  They are ALL leaving

Eh, seems like that's mostly about the money.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I just think Lou is married to a zone defensive scheme.  I can't stand coaches that don't adjust their scheme to the talent that they have.

He's a bad coach. Probably his last year in cincinnati. 

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Probably last year in Cincinnati for Taylor and the rest of the staff unless the O-line turns out to be a strength. Long way from that currently.

Maybe.  I've got a feeling that they'll give Taylor three years with Burrow before pulling the trigger.  But Anarumo is probably toast.

Which is problematic because they're just now giving him the personal for his scheme.  And then they'll have to turn around and churn pieces for the next coach.  

They're way out of whack in their timing for everything right now.