2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

11 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

no, gotta do it in the playoffs (not necessarily win because that is a team thing, but level of play)

what do the playoffs have to do w/ that right now? not talking bout legacy. talking bout who's the best in the league right now. 

Just now, jfinley88 said:

what do the playoffs have to do w/ that right now? not talking bout legacy. talking bout who's the best in the league right now. 

that's when everybody is playing hard, you get scouted for your strengths/weaknesses, people are in playing shape, the best defenders are always on you, etc. etc.

you can't be the best player in the NBA if you can't do it the only important time of the year

If you are saying he is playing the best over the 1st five or so games, no one would argue that. But that isn't the same as being the best player in the NBA.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

that's when everybody is playing hard, you get scouted for your strengths/weaknesses, people are in playing shape, the best defenders are always on you, etc. etc.

you can't be the best player in the NBA if you can't do it the only important time of the year

If you are saying he is playing the best over the 1st five or so games, no one would argue that. But that isn't the same as being the best player in the NBA.

i see where you're coming from, but to me it's like he's the best until he actually flops in the playoffs. nobody impacts the game more. but i get what you're saying. it's just like TV sports show logic to me tho. 

Just now, jfinley88 said:

it's just like TV sports show logic to me tho.

nah, it's true. Kyle Lowry has been awesome the last couple of regular seasons but sucks every year in the playoffs. Same with Demar to an extent. You can just get stuff in the regular season that you can't in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

nah, it's true. Kyle Lowry has been awesome the last couple of regular seasons but sucks every year in the playoffs. Same with Demar to an extent. You can just get stuff in the regular season that you can't in the playoffs.

giannis doesn't disappear. or hasn't shown a tendency of that. & i get.. ppl go harder in the playoffs. ramping up defense impacts those kinda guys more w/ how they get their looks tho. imo. i really dgaf though, like to me.. nobody's impacting the game more.. with his skillset nobody at any time will be able to impact the game more.. that's not gonna change in the playoffs. whoever carries the most value RIGHT NOW is the best imo. a cold streak where giannis's shots aren't falling won't change that either. his box score's ridiculous, but it's way more than just that w/ him as opposed to other stars. 

but i get your side of it & see why it has merit cause tons of good players disappear when it matters. 

It certainly matters what he does in the postseason. Hence why LeBron is rightfully seen as the best player in the world. Was he the best in the regular season last year? Or the year before? Nope, but after every playoff run people come back to the same conclusion that he's still the best. Giannis is a beast, but not the best. But if he faces off against Bron and gives him the business? Then maybe.

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Magic are super athletic. Seem to be good at basketball too.

they play at a ridiculous pace.. even faster when Elf is leading. great team ball/everyone commits to D. spurs missed every open 3. they're fun at least. would be surprised if they're not back in the playoffs and giving whoever they play a tough time. 

Archived